Sunday 5 January 2014

Hitting the sales


I don't usually like going sales shopping, particularly for clothes. The sales racks are too messy and chaotic for me and I usually find myself either walking out of the shop or wandering over to the full price section and spending more than I intended. However, this time I persevered and, after walking out of most clothes shops empty handed, I managed to pick up a few bargains from New Look.


Blue animal print dress was £17.99 now £7, Shoes were £27.99 now £12, Owl coin purse £3.99 (non sale), Paisley print skirt £6 (no tag inside with previous price - sorry!), Floral tea dress was £22.99 now £11.


Blue cami vest was £2.99 now £2, Red zip vest was £9.99 now £4, Grey jumper was £14.99 now £7, Black lace cami was £12.99 now £7.

This is the first time in a long time that I've been impressed with the New Look sale. Don't get me wrong, there was still the usual rubbish you find in clothes shop sales, but there were some really good pieces hidden amongst them. And most things were less than half their original price, so I've made some great savings too. I stocked up on a couple of basic cami tops - you can never have too many of those - and picked up a couple of new dresses. The flower print tea dress would be perfect to wear for work, as would the new shoe boots I purchased. They go so well with both trousers and dresses/skirts. The purchase I'm most pleased with from the New Look sale is the paisley print skirt. I'd had my eye on this for a long time but always resisted purchasing it. I didn't need it, I would always tell myself. But when I saw it in the sales rack I had to pick it up. It didn't have a price tag attached so didn't know how much it would be, so I was thrilled when I got to the checkout to discover it was just £6!

 
 
I think I was a bit late for the Boots half price sale. I had a list of the things I wanted to pick up and they only had about half of it left by the time I went shopping, which was a little bit disappointing. But I did console myself by picking up the Revlon Lip Gloss in Berry Allure, which I have been lusting after for ages, so every cloud. One of the things I did manage to get my hands on was the No7 Skincare Collection set, which was reduced to £8. I've wanted to try the Protect & Perfect range for a while, and this set comes with miniature day & night creams, so I thought it would be a good way to try before I buy the full sizes. 2014 is going to be a very busy year for me (I'm getting married in May!) so I need to be super organised. I picked up a cute Laura Ashley notebook for £4 and a spotty diary for £3.50, to help me keep a record of my plans and appointments. Lastly from Boots, I picked up the Soap & Glory Powder Trip set. This contains three of S&G's much loved powders, which cost me £10, so it was like 3 for the price of 1! I can't wait to try these, there's so many S&G products I love but I haven't tried any of these yet, despite swatching them almost every time I go to Boots!
 
 
 
 
I got so many Body Shop products & gift sets for Christmas, I really didn't need to set foot in their sale but I couldn't resist. I really wanted to try their limited edition ranges for the holidays, so I picked up the Gingerbread house, which contains miniatures of the body butters & shower gels in the cranberry & gingerbread scents. This was reduced from £17 to £12 which is quite a good saving but I'm a little bit annoyed that I purchased this now. I found out afterwards that the Body Shop were selling full sizes of body butters for £5 and shower gels for £3 in these ranges, so for £4 extra I could've got a lot more product - never mind hey! The final product I picked up from the shops was not actually in the sale but thanks to an offer code from o2, I was able to get it for free! Unfortunately, the offer is not still available, but WH Smith were giving o2 customers the chance to picked up a book from the Richard & Judy book club selection, and I chose "The Storyteller" by Jodi Picoult, one of my favourite authors (I made my mum very jealous with this little freebie!). One of my new years resolutions was to read more, so this one will be first on this years reading list.
 
As well as venturing out into the shops, I did a little bit of online sales shopping. One of my favourite sites to head to for sales bargains is feelunique.com. Each of the items I picked up were things I'd wanted to try for a very long time, so I was so pleased to see them in the sale. Caudalie's Beauty Elixir has been talked about so much in the blogging/vlogging world so I was curious to try it. I picked up the smaller bottle for £9.20. I have been wanting to purchase something by Aromatherapy Associates for a long time now, but it's quite an expensive brand, I was worried about spending a lot of money on a product I wasn't going to like. I picked up the Little Bell from their festive gifts range for £8. It contains a travel size of the Revive Morning bath & shower oil, which even in the packaging smells gorgeous. If I enjoy using this, I can see myself stocking up on some more of their products very soon - I'm eyeing up their miniatures collection already! I have regular spells of not being able to sleep very well, and I've heard the This Works range mentioned as a solution time and time again. This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less was on sale for £10.80. It contains eucalyptus and frankincense essential oils, which you apply onto your pulse points using the rollerball to help you feel calm and relaxed.
 
What have you been picking up in the sale recently?
 
 
 


 
 




2 comments :

  1. you really got lucky with the sales, I wish I could've found the bargain you have!

    -sarah xo
    timetoseethestars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really chuffed with my new look haul, such great discounts for a change! xx

      Delete