Thursday 27 November 2014

L'Oreal La Palette Nude Rose


Yes ok, I've bought another eyeshadow palette. But, in a refreshing change from my usual palette purchases, this one doesn't come with a whopping big price tag, and is actually quite different to any other palette I own, so I feel like this one is totally justified! The drugstore seems to be catching up with the nude palette craze now, and this offering from L'Oreal is a real beauty.




When I first heard about this palette and it's name, the words "Naked 3 dupe" instantly sprang to mind. But having now seen the palette, although there are a few similar shades, this is by no means a copycat version, and I'd actually say the colours in this palette were more wearable than the Naked 3.

Within the palette, there are 6 shimmer shadows and 4 mattes. All of the shadows are super soft and creamy, and apply really nicely. What lets this palette down a little is it's matte shades. Whilst the shimmers look stunning on the lids, the mattes are lacking a little bit in pigmentation. There not colours to be worn on their own, but blended into the crease with a shimmer shade all over the lid, it crates a beautiful look.

The palette is very versatile too - you could easily go from a day to night look, simply by switching to some of the more intense shades on the right hand side of the palette, to smoke your look out a little. The fact the there's a large mirror in the lid makes it an ideal palette for travel too, though I wouldn't bother with the brush - it's pretty naff! (Why do brands always insist on including these cheap brushes in their palettes?!)


The shades don't have names, but I've been loving using the 2nd & 4th shades along for a more natural daytime look, and the 6th & 9th shades for more of an evening smokey eye. The purple shade on the end also looks so gorgeous for creating something a little different.

At £14.99, it's not the cheapest of palettes out there, but if the likes to Urban Decay and Too Faced are a little out of your budget, then this set is pretty good value for money, particularly if you're a fan of a bit of shimmer.

Have you tried this palette? What's your favourite drugstore eyeshadow palette?


22 comments :

  1. this looks a little bit like the naked 3 palette! I think they've got a good idea going, though! hoping this will come stateside soon!

    brooke // http://brookeelise-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really on the fence about this palette. I bought it and I can see myself using it but I think I was expecting better pigmentation. Still, there are some lovely colours and the mattes are perfect for the crease!

    http://www.livinginmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pigmentation of the mattes is a little disappointing xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, this looks lovely! I tried to find it in my local Boots but it's always sold out when I go, think I might have to order it online.
    millie x | www.millie-grace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tough to get hold of, I managed to get the last one in my local store xx

      Delete
  4. This reminds me of the naked palette but it's so gorgeous in it's own right. Plus, I'm much more willing to buy it on a whim as it's a much more reasonable price!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little similar to the Naked 3, but better shades I think xx

      Delete
  5. Some of the colors look really nice, at least in the palette & your arm. Like you said, the mattes probably aren't as nice on the eyelids, which is a shame for me because I'm looking for more matte eyeshadows. x

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mattes were a little disappointing, a really good Naked Basics dupe is needed on the high street with some great matte shades xx

      Delete
  6. Naked 1 is on my Xmas list- I've finally given in! This looks like a great alternative though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked 1 is lovely, my favourite palette xx

      Delete
  7. I would have thought it would be a bit cheaper! The colours are nice but the swatches don't look the most strongest, and for that money I'd rather pay a bit more and get a higher end palette.

    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is definitely not as strong as Urban Decay shadows, it's just whether you can afford to pay more than double for one of their palettes. It's definitely on the pricier end of a drugstore palette xx

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried this palette before, the colours look nice though I'm a bit disappointed that the pigment isn't better. That's the only thing that puts me off a lot of the drugstore palettes, they don't have a high pigment, I think for that I'd rather save a little and wait to get a high end palette :) but if you do want a cheaper palette or one that you can play around with then this is great :)

    Love Amylou x
    www.amylous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good alternative to a high end palette, but you can't beat a bit of Urban Decay :) xx

      Delete
  9. So sad that the pigmention of matte eyeshadows doesn't pay off, I really like the palette look overall. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit disappointing but you can make them work xx

      Delete
  10. I didn't know this palette existed! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's keeping itself well hidden! I think it's out of stock in a lot of places and I think it may be a Boots exclusive?! xx

      Delete
  11. Woah, that looks absolutely gorgeous! Some of those shades are just beautiful! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, especially the darker ones xx

      Delete