Sunday 30 November 2014

The Christmas Tag


So Blogmas is starting tomorrow and I'm really excited for the countdown to Christmas to begin. I thought I'd kick off the festive feeling a day early though and do this years Christmas Tag, which I found on Becky's blog, Milk Bubble Tea, a few weeks ago.

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie(s)?
The film that gets me in the Christmas spirit the most is Elf, but I think purely for nostalgic reasons I'd have to go for The Muppet Christmas Carol. It was a tradition in my family to sit down and watch this film in the build up to Christmas and, although I used to be a little scared of the third ghost as a child, I absolutely love that film.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Always Christmas morning, and the earlier the better - I'm such a big kid when it comes to Christmas! The only time I would open a present before Christmas Day was for Secret Santa at work.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I can't pinpoint a specific memory from Christmas, but I remember writing my letter out to Santa as a child, then every Christmas morning my parents would make me and my sister go downstairs first to check that he had been and he would have left us a letter back too. It was always so magical and I hope to do something very similar if I have my own children.

4. Favourite festive food?
Until last year I didn't even know I liked mince pies, but since trying one I've become addicted! The shop down the road from my house stocks the best mince pies, which really didn't help my waistline last year, but I'm hoping to try a Slimming World friendly recipe soon to save on the syns.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
This is so tough, I'm sure there were so many amazing gifts that I loved when I was a child but can't for the life of me remember now! I remember getting a Nokia 3310 one year when I was in my teens - I don't think my family heard from me much that day as I was constantly playing on Snake! I also really love a Chanel perfume that my mum bought me last year.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
My gran cooks the most amazing Christmas dinner, and I love walking into her house on Christmas morning to the smell of it being prepared.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Since living with my husband, he's always worked on Christmas Eve whilst I've had the day off, so I take the opportunity to wrap up all of his presents whilst watching the Christmas movie channel. Once he's back from work we will just chill out in front of the tv and order a takeaway pizza so we've got no washing up to do!

8. What tops your tree?
We've had a silver star on the top of our tree for the last three years, but it's really difficult to get it to sit straight, so I might look for something different before the tree goes up this year.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
Sorry, my memory is terrible so I can't really remember one. I'm pretty sure there wasn't one anyway!

10. What's the best part of Christmas for you?
Where do I start?! I love it all! I really enjoy doing my Christmas shopping, though I like to get most of it done quite early before the mad December rush starts. I get so excited when I see something in the shops that I think one of my loved ones would enjoy, then I feel like I have to wrap it straight away! Wrapping is another thing I love doing - I remember one year wrapping up gifts that everyone in my family had bought (except the ones for me of course!), as I seem to be the only one that enjoys it. And then there's the day itself - the food, the company, and the general laziness about the day. We don't really get up to much on Christmas Day, just all gather round my grans house, so I love spending the day lounging in my Christmas jumper, stuffing my face with chocolate and peanuts haha!

Please leave me your links below if you have done this tag, or if you plan on doing Blogmas this year too - I can't wait to read everyone's posts!



4 comments :

  1. This made me a little bit more excited than it probably should have done! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm super excited for Christmas too xx

      Delete
  2. So excited for Christmas now :) I was thinking of doing a Best things about Christmas post....!

    www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, there's so many things to list though! xx

      Delete