Sunday 15 March 2015

What's In My Mum's Makeup Bag


Happy Mother's Day to the lovely mums reading this post. To celebrate the day, I've had a little sneak peek at what products my mum has been using, in a very special edition "What's in my makeup bag" post.


I'm not too sure where I get my love of beauty from really, it's certainly not my mother! When I asked her what makeup she wore on a everyday basis, she replied simply the No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder. I wish I could get away with a simple sweep of powder each morning! She did pass to me, however, a bag full of goodies that she'll wear when she feels more like dressing up. As you'll see, she's a big fans as No7 as a brand, they have good quality, reliable products and aren't too pricey.

My mum's base of choice, when she's not wearing her powder is the No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation in Honey. It really does have a nice lightweight feel to it, which is great for someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup regularly. Similarly, she also has the No7 Match Made Concealer in the same shade, for if she feels the need to cover up any under eye circles. For blush, my mum has been wearing the Max Factor Flawless Perfection Blush in Natural Glow. I'm not sure about the naming of this shade, it definitely has some plummy undertones to it. I liken it quite a lot to my Natural Collection blush in Dusky Pink. It's quite subtle though, so perhaps that's where they were going with the name.

For eyes, it's back to trusty No7 again with their Extravagant Volume Mascara and Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Duo in Seductive Charm. I have to be honest, I rarely ever see my mum wearing eyeshadow. She looks really good just rocking the bare lid and a couple of layers of mascara look, and I have to say I'm a fan of this mascara too. She's got a really nice combo for a smokey eye look if she was to wear shadow though.

Both lip products in my mum's makeup bag are from Avon. The first is their ANew Lipstick in Plumberry, a really nice hydrating lipstick in a soft plum shade - quite like one of my favourites MAC Plumful. If I'd have known she was running so low on this, I would've picked her up a new one as one of her gifts - I opened this up and there was literally a few millimetres of product left! The second lip product is the Avon Glazewear Dazzle Lipgloss in Plum Dazzle. Like mother like daughter - we are both a big fan of the plum lips. This is another product my mum doesn't wear too often, but uses it to give her lips a more plumper look at times.

What's currently in your makeup bag? What did you get up to this Mother's Day?

5 comments :

  1. Great Mother's Day post idea! Mum's love No. & don't they? :P That Plumberry lipgloss looks like a really nice shade too. x
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes they do! Thank you, glad you enjoyed the post xx

      Delete
  2. Those look like great products! :)
    Happy Easter weekend!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow for a follow?? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum has great picks! Awesome blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great products !

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete