Thursday 20 February 2014

Stila In The Light Palette Review


If you read my payday beauty haul, you'll know that I finally got my hands on a Stila eyeshadow palette. Being a sucker for neutral eyeshadows, I decided to purchase the In The Light palette first. All I can say it why didn't I buy this sooner?! This has to be one of the most impressive eyeshadow palettes I've tried and could even rival my beloved Naked Palette as my new go to palette.

 
Whilst the packaging is not the smallest out there, it's definitely a lot slimmer than a lot of other palettes, so it wouldn't be too bad to travel with. I read a lot of reviews on this palette before I purchased it and a lot of older photos I've seen show the palette without a mirror in the lid, which mine does have, so it was nice that they've added this in - another handy feature to have when using a palette for travel.
 
 
The palette contains 10 neutral eyeshadows, a mixture of shimmer & matte finishes, ranging from cool tones to some warm shades, so it's easy to transform looks from this palette from day to night. All of the shades, with the exception of Bare which I found to be a little chalky, are buttery & smooth, and blend out really nicely. The pigmentation and wear time on these shadows is also really good. I can wear them for around 6-7 hours (without primer) and not have any fading or creasing. For those that are new to makeup or want to experiment with different eyeshadow looks, the palette also comes with a mini booklet with step by step instructions on how to create various different looks for any occasion, which I think is a nice little touch.
Also within the palette is one of Stila's Smudge Stick waterproof eyeliners in the shade Damsel, which is a deep matte brown colour. So many eyeliners that come inside palettes seem to be in black, so it was nice to have something different in this one. I much prefer to wear brown eyeliner to black, particularly in the daytime, as it creates a less intense look. This eyeliner glides on so smoothly and lasts as long as the eyeshadows do, probably even an hour or two longer. It's a retractable eyeliner, so there's no need to go hunting for your pencil sharpener when it runs down - you just twist it up and you are good to go again.
l-r: Damsel eyeliner, Bare, Bubbly, Kitten, Gilded Gold, Bliss, Luster, Sunset, Night Sky, Sandstone, Ebony
I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this palette - I've already worn it most days since I bought it and can't see my love for it fading any time soon. I love a bit of shimmer to an eye look, so my favourite shades have to be Bubbly and, old blogger favourite, Kitten. I'm now a Stila convert and I've got my eye on their In The Garden eye palette as my next purchase.
Close up of my favourite shades - Kitten & Bubbly
The In The Light palette retails for £25, which is not a bad price for what you're getting, and can be found at various online beauty sites, such as feelunique and is also stocked in selected Boots stores. If you haven't at least swatched this palette I urge you to go and do so - and dare you not to fall in love with it!
 
Have you tried the In The Light palette? What's your favourite eyeshadow palette?
 
 
 

 


4 comments :

  1. Looks beautiful! I have been quite tempted by their In The Garden palette which is a nice mixture of neutrals with some colour thrown in there too.

    Nicki x
    http://www.nickisnicknackery.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In The Garden is next on my last of eyeshadow palettes to buy xx

      Delete
  2. I've never actually tried any Stila products! The colours in these look great though, really wearable x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so wearable. That's what attracted me to this one over their other palettes xx

      Delete