Friday 8 January 2016

Clarins The Essentials Eyeshadow Palette


I was well and truly spoilt this Christmas, and none more so than by my lovely friend Alison. I was so shocked and excited when I opened my presents on Christmas morning to discover that she'd given me The Clarins The Essentials eyeshadow palette. I'd seen a lot of posts about this palette in the run up to Christmas, and even had a little lust after it when I've walked past a Clarins counter, but I managed to hold off purchasing it - and it's a good job I did!


The packaging is a lovely chocolate brown with a bit of festive silver shimmer. The palette is very similar in size to the Urban Decay Naked palettes and, as well as the 10 shadows, comes with a mirror in the lid and a surprisingly nice double ended eyeshadow brush, both very useful features for travel.


What surprised me with this palette was that, unlike most other eyeshadow palettes I've used, the matte shades seemed to be of better quality and pigmentation than the shimmery shades. They are really nice, smooth and easy to blend out. Some of the shimmers were a little disappointing when applied dry, but I was able to get a much better pay off when applying them wet. The star of the show for me though was the gold shimmer shade, which did actually have a good pay off to it, and looks absolutely stunning on top of other shadows for a nice night out look.

Although this was a festive edition palette, it's still available here for £35.00. I'd recommend taking a look if you're really into the everyday matte neutrals, as there is a really good selection in this palette, whereas most tend to be very focused on the shimmer.

Have you tried this palette before, or any Clarins makeup for that matter - I'm still very much a newbie to this brand and would love some recommendations!




No comments :

Post a Comment