Friday 14 March 2014

Birchbox - March 2014


It's that time of month again - my Birchbox has arrived! This month's box was a collaboration with British brand Lulu Guinness, hence the special edition packaging. Unfortunately it was just a sleeve, and the box inside was exactly the same as every month, but it was pretty nonetheless. I'd seen a few reviews for this month already, and some people were a little disappointed, but I'm pretty happy with the contents of mine. I guess people were just looking for a little something extra from a special edition box, which it was lacking. You did, however, receive £20 off a £100 Lulu Guinness purchase in March, which was a nice little perk.



Benefit Stay Don't Stray An eye primer you can count on! Ensure eyeshadow and concealer stays put from AM to PM. £20.50
I've tried a fair few Benefit products, but not this one. I've never really felt the need to try anything else since I love my Urban Decay Primer Potion so much, but it will be interesting to see how this compares. Benefit is a brand I wish I could try out more, so I'm very happy with this sample. It's a little more expensive than the Urban Decay primer, so I doubt this will become a repurchase, unless it is amazing!

Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner A favourite of photo-ready celebs, this sheer formula minimises pores and absorbs excess oil. £39.00
I was a little disappointed to receive this in my box, as it says it is for oily/combination skin and, when filling out my Birchbox profile, I stated I had dry skin, so I'm not sure how this will work for me. I will give it a go anyway, hopefully it won't dry out my skin.

Korres Citrus Body Milk This hydrating lotion not only smells delish, it does your skin good too, thanks to almond oil and shea butter. £9.50
I was really pleased with the size of the sample of this product, and tested it out immediately. This smells nice and has left my skin feeling lovely and smooth. It's not the most expensive of products either, so this could well be a potential repurchase in the future.

Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream A fast-absorbing, repairing and deeply nourishing lotion to leave hands delectably soft and smelling sweet. £10.00
Mmmm this smells gorgeous! You can really smell the rhubarb in this, and it's just delicious! It's a lovely hand lotion, doesn't have much of a greasy feeling. I'm not too sure it will ever come to replace my beloved Soap & Glory hand food, but it will be nice to use this while I have it.

English Laundry No7 For Her Top notes of pear and jasmine blend with gardenia, vanilla and sandalwood in this delightful scent. £47.00
Ah the dreaded perfume sample. I'm really not a fan of receiving these in beauty boxes, but this is the first one I've received from Birchbox, so I'll let them off for now. This fragrance is actually really lovely too, so I'm not too disappointed that I received this. It's quite a florally scent, which tends to be what I go for in a perfume, and I think it would be a lovely one for spring.

Candy Rock This stripy candy represents the traditional sweet shops that inspired Lulu Guinness' fabulous Spring/Summer 2014 collection.
Another sweet treat from Birchbox - yummy! This was demolished within hours of these photos being taken. Candy rock reminds me of my summer holidays when I was a child!

So, skin type issue aside, I was really pleased with the products I got this month. The standout product that I'm really looking forward to trying is the Benefit primer, just because I love the brand so much. There's also a couple of potential repurchases in there too, so overall I'm really happy with my March box.

Did you receive a Birchbox this month? What did you get? Have you tried any of these products before?

2 comments :

  1. I really like the look of this. Hope the postman brings mine soon!

    x

    http://laddered-tights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the goodies you get in yours too! Birchbox has really impressed me recently xx

      Delete