Wednesday 26 March 2014

Loreal Infallible 24h Foundation


I'm not really one for experimenting with different foundations and tend to just stick to the same old favourites. This for me is the Rimmel Wake Me Up or Match Perfection foundations, or NARS Sheer Glow if I fancy treating myself! I first saw the new Loreal Infallible 24h Foundation on a magazine advert and was intrigued by the claims being made. I immediately scoured the internet looking for blog reviews, but there wasn't a great deal out there at the time, so I took to Twitter to gauge some opinions. The feedback was pretty mixed, but after much deliberation I decided to take the plunge and purchase it, although not with a great deal of expectations anymore.



The thing that impressed me instantly when I approached the Loreal stand was the shade selection for this foundation. Eight shades to choose from may not seem like a lot, but it's more than a lot of other drugstore foundations, and I found it to cater more to the paler skin type, which is my only grumble where Rimmel are concerned. I'm not the palest girl out there, but nine times out of ten when shopping in the drugstore I find that I match with the palest foundation shade in each range, and sometimes that is even too dark for me in the winter (ahem, Rimmel Wake Me Up!). This time, however, I was able to go for what I think was the second palest shade available, 120 Vanilla.

Like my drugstore favourites, this foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I really like the sleek look for the packaging, and having a pump always helps to ensure you're not wasting too much product. I've found this foundation to be much easier to apply with a brush - it's quite a thick formula and I found it quite tricky to blend out with my fingers. Once applied though, it doesn't feel very heavy on the skin. Most foundations I have tend to have a dewy finish, but this one was much more matte than any I have previously used. One worry I did have, as I have dry skin, is that due to it's finish it would cling to dry patches, but I am pleased to say that this hasn't happened.

 
Once blended, it left a nice, almost flawless finish to the skin, with a medium to high coverage. I did have to use a little something extra under my eyes to cover those pesky dark circles, but the rest of my imperfections were covered by the foundation alone, so my poor Collection concealer has been feeling a little redundant over the last couple of weeks. I don't have any intentions of testing out it's claim of 24 hour wear - who wants to wear their makeup for a whole day?! It did however manage to last pretty well throughout my time at work, with just a few imperfections showing on my chin about 6 hours in (I do touch that area a lot though).
 
Overall, I was pretty impressed with this foundation and would recommend giving it a go if you're after a more matte finish without the worry of dry patches showing. It gives a really nice finish with a decent amount of coverage throughout the majority of the day. I'm not sure it will overtake the Rimmel Match Perfection as my most regular feature in my makeup bag, as it is slightly more expensive (only slightly at £9.99) and I do like having a dewy finish most of the time. This will be a great alternative for me, however, on days when I would like a bit more coverage so I don't have to faff around with concealer too or worry about touching up throughout the day.
 
Have you tried this foundation? What is your favourite drugstore foundation?
 


6 comments :

  1. This sounds lovely :) I know what you mean about finding shades for pale skin - Rimmel foundations are always too dark for me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such a shame because they're great foundations other than the shade range xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a lovely foundation! The bottle is really nice too for a drugstore foundation xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, great if you prefer less of a dewy finish xx

      Delete
  3. This looks good. When it is blended out on your hand it seems to appear more hydrated than before.

    I am intrigued by this foundation now.

    xoxo Kristen // www.everybeautytalks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really good. It's a lot more hydrating than you would expect a long wear foundation to be xx

      Delete