Sunday 11 May 2014

Topshop Makeup Purchases


I used to have a bit of an obsession with Topshop makeup - I couldn't go in there without buying at least one lipstick. But this little haul must be my first Topshop makeup purchases in almost a year! I don't know what happened there, I guess I must've bought everything I liked the look of already! I thought it was about time I gave the stand another look and see if anything else caught my eye again. I've gone for some very season appropriate products this time I think.


The first thing I picked up was their nail polish in Profound, which is a lilac-purple colour. I've never bought a Topshop nail polish before but I'd seen so many shades pop up in various nail polish favourites posts that I'd made a mental note to pick one up to see what all the fuss was about. I've applied it to my nails today and have to say I'm impressed so far. It applied nice & evenly, and was opaque in two coats. It has a nice glossy finish to it even without a top coat. I shall be testing this out to see how it wears, and may well be picking up some more if the results are good. They have a shade range to rival the likes of Essie & Barry M, and they had some gorgeous pastel offerings for spring that I have my eye on next.


Another first for me from the Topshop range is their cream blushes. I've tried the powder ones before but, since spring has hit this year, I've been really getting into using cream blushes more. The shade I picked up was Head Over Heels, a gorgeous peachy-pink shade, not a colour I currently own in the form of a cream blush. I can see this becoming a go-to blush for a simple daytime look this spring.

Finally, I couldn't go to the Topshop makeup counter and not pick up a lipstick....or two! Since my last venture into Topshop lipsticks, I've become a lot braver with colour and am no longer afraid to gravitate towards a brighter lip every now and again. Ohh La La is a slightly corally orange colour, a brighter version of MAC's Coral Bliss, which I have been loving recently. Brighton Rock is a vibrant pink, which appears to have more of a matte finish than Ooh La La, but is still super creamy. I love the Topshop lipsticks, they remind me very much of MAC's lipsticks but are only half the price! I think two shades will be very much loved this summer and will look great once I've picked up a bit of a tan.

l-r: Ooh La La, Brighton Rock, Head Over Heels
What are your favourite items from the Topshop makeup range? Do you have any of the products I have bought?
 
 
 

17 comments :

  1. Those lipsticks look so awesome, such pretty colours! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I'm loving Brighton Rock a lot xx

      Delete
  2. I love Topshop make-up too! I have Brighton Rock too and I love it :-)

    Abby x
    whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is my favourite of the things I bought xx

      Delete
  3. I loveeeeeee Topshop makeup. Those lipstics are both so gorgeous 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, love the formula of Topshop lipsticks xx

      Delete
  4. ooo i wish i had topshop close by - i hear their make up range is pretty awesome

    Lucy x
    www.skeeterandscout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, especially the lipsticks & blushes xx

      Delete
  5. I have been after trying Brighton Rock for soooo long! It looks such a gorgeous shade!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful I'm really loving it xx

      Delete
  6. Love the nail polish, such a pretty colour! :)
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's lasting really well too xx

      Delete
  7. Really enjoyed reading this post lovely! I want to pick up everything you've bought! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried any of Topshop makeup products, but these products seems really lovely! As a lip junkie, I need to get my hands on those lipsticks for sure!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love topshop lipsticks
    i have two myself , they are amazing

    http://www.ryokogurl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your haul, that polish is a great colour!

    ReplyDelete