Saturday 6 September 2014

My Favourite Neutral Eyeshadow Palettes


I'm a huge fan of the neutral eye look, I very rarely go for anything else on my eyes. I've also got a bit of an addiction to palettes, so as you can imagine my collection is pretty extensive - I have one big draw dedicated to my larger palettes and another for my quads and duos within my makeup storage system. Rather than do a massive post on all of my palettes, I thought I'd narrow it down to just some of my favourites, and today I'm sharing with you my top three neutrals.




Urban Decay Naked Palette £37.00 This is an extremely popular palette within the beauty community so it was probably a bit of a boring choice for you all, but it is my most used palette so I couldn't not mention it. Urban Decay eyeshadows are the best in the business in my opinion. They are always so buttery soft and pigmented. They also blend out really well and have really good staying power. The original Naked palette is my favourite of the Naked series as it's the most versatile - there's lots of looks to be made from this palette. I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging. I much prefer the sturdiness of the tinned packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 plus, as you can see, it picks up the dirt really easily.


Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette £32.00 This palette is so beautiful, and is one of my favourite purchases of this year. Like with the Urban Decay palette, the shades are really soft and pigmented. I like how the base shades come much bigger than the others, as you're likely to use these up quickest. If you're a newbie to eye makeup, the palette comes with a handy little booklet detailing how you can create a few looks with the shadows available. I've done a full review of this palette, so if you'd like to know more you can click here.


Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Barely There £9.00 I've had to repurchase this quad recently as there was a massive dent in my favourite shade, number 3, and I couldn't bare the thought of running out! It's the perfect little palette to pop into your bag for when you're travelling, as it's nice and compact and comes with a little mirror in the lid. The shades are nice and pigmented and are really creaseproof. As you can see the shades are numbered, and there's a little illustration on the box that the palette comes in showing which numbers should go where, in case you're not too sure how best to apply the shadows. Make sure you study the box hard before you throw it away though because, unfortunately, the illustration doesn't come on the back of the palette too.

Do you have any of these palettes? What's your favourite eyeshadow palette?


7 comments :

  1. I still don't own a Naked pallete but I really wish I did, I think a good alternative is MUA Heaven & Earth pallete x
    https://thespontaneousnotebook.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both MUA and Makeup Revolution have really good dupes of the UD palettes, but nothing beats their eyeshadows in my opinion! xx

      Delete
  2. That Too Faced palette gets a lot of love and it's well deserved! I have the old version and is amazing, I bet this one's better! Loved this, as a huge neutral lover too ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the old one in Boots a while ago and I have to say I do prefer the different shades in the newer one xx

      Delete
  3. In love with the shades in the too faced palette! My fave palette is probably my own made mac quad or my naked 2!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naked 2 is also pretty but I get more use out of the original one xx

      Delete
  4. Me too, but I tend to be good and stick to just one eye palette xx

    ReplyDelete