Thursday 11 September 2014

Birchbox - September 2014


When I came home this afternoon and discovered my Birchbox had arrived, I was so excited when I saw the design of this month's box. How cute is that?! Normally I just throw my boxes in the recycling bin as they're quite plain and boring, but I think I might keep this one for storage...of what I'm not quite sure, but I'll find something! And Birchbox are back on top form this month - "Happy Days" is certainly what I was thinking whilst I rummaged through the contents.





Agave Healing Oil Treatment A lightweight oil to smooth hair, build resiliency and boost shine and colour. From £16.00
My hair is being so unruly at the moment, I just can't seem to get it looking good, so this has come at a good time for me and I can't wait to try it. The sample is pretty dinky but with the amount of product you actually need with hair oils, I'd imagine I've got a few uses of this still. At £16 I don't think this is too pricey, so I might be tempted to purchase this if it does a good job.

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream Banish dark circles, smooth fine lines and protect against free radicals with this light peptide-packed formula. £25.50
If you read my August Favourites, you'll know I've been loving the sample I got in my British Beauty Blogger box. Normally I'd moan about receiving a sample product more than once, but as they were from different companies I guess I can't complain, plus this is something I actually really enjoy using and receiving this has meant I can put off buying a full size for a while longer and save my pennies!

Korres Citrus Shower Gel This get-up-and-go citrus body wash helps ensure skin stays hydrated all day long. £8.00
Usually I'm a bit "meh" about shower gel samples but this one smells lovely and I've been really impressed with other Korres products I've received in the past, so this turned out to be a nice addition actually. It probably won't be a repurchase though, as I probably have enough shower gels to last me through next year, let alone this one!

Model Co Lip Lacquer in Morocco A sumptuous lip gloss that provides long-lasting colour and hydration - plus, plenty of shine. £15.00
I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses, which this most definitely feels like rather than a lacquer, I can sometimes get on board with a lacquer as they tend to be less sticky and have more colour pay off. This was quite sticky and not all that pigmented, so it's definitely not a winner for me. It's a shame as the shade is really pretty - perhaps gloss lovers would like this more than I do.

Beauty Blender & Beauty Cleanser Solid An ingenious egg-shaped make-up sponge to ensure a flawless base - plus, a solid soap to clean it. £26.00
Yes!!!!! I was so annoyed a few months back when so many people received this in their box and I didn't. I've wanted to try this for such a long time but the price tag was putting me off buying one. I didn't fancy spending that much to find out it didn't do anything for me! I'll be trying this one out when I put my makeup on tomorrow morning and I can't wait! I'm also keen to see how good the cleansing soap is, and might try it out next time I wash my brushes. Happy, happy, happy!

Urban Fruit Magnificent Mango A yummy 100% fruit snack to add to your work lunch and keep you feeling virtuous. £13.20 for 6
Good timing with my Shape Up series starting this week, as I've been looking for healthier things to enjoy. There were three flavours I could have received, Although I'm a little gutted I didn't get the strawberry one, as that's my favourite fruit, I'm just relieved I didn't end up with pineapple - that stuff is nasty! I'll enjoy trying these but I think they're a little pricey, so I'm going to have to really enjoy them to consider purchasing.

Birchbox Happy Days Photo Clip Brighten up your desk or bedroom with this colourful photo holder.
TWO lifestyle extras this month - Birchbox you are spoiling us! This is basic but still very pretty and colourful. It will go nicely in my bedroom, so I think I'll be popping it on top of my chest of drawers.

Birchbox have really won me over again this month, I'm so pleased with most of what I received. I'm also really liking the Happy Days theme - we've recently done the #100happydays as part of a social media campaign at work, so the little cars you get in the box brought back some nice memories of that!

Did you receive this month's Birchbox? Did you like the products you got?


1 comment :

  1. I can't wait until Canada gets Birchbox this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete