Sunday 7 September 2014

New Series - Shape Up Sundays

image from weheartit.com
If you read my graze box review you'll know that I've not exactly been healthy since I got married at the end of May. I told myself I was going to relax my diet whilst I was on honeymoon, then get straight back to healthy eating and exercise when I got home. Well, it's been almost three months since I returned to this country and the only healthy change I've made has been the graze boxes, and the pounds have been piling on. Although I'm now snacking healthily, my main meals are still not what they used to be and I've seriously been slacking on the exercise front. I'm determined not to slip back into my old ways and be the size I used to be.


I thought by making this Shape Up Sunday series it would not only give me the motivation to get off my arse and do something about my health, but hopefully it would inspire some of you too. I'll be running the series for 12 weeks, ending on November 30th - just in time for the festive party season to begin! Every week I'll be updating you on things I've eaten, new ways I've found to get enough exercise in each week and, of course, my progress. I'll be weighing in every Sunday morning so that I can update you on my weight loss each week, and also be posting progress pictures every 4 weeks.

So here goes....my start weight and pictures eeek! I stepped on the scales this morning and weighed in at 9 stone 12 pounds. I know this is not heavy by any means but as I'm a tiny 5ft 1, my BMI is slowly creeping into the overweight category, and I'm almost a stone heavier than I was when I got married. Ideally I'd like to lose the weight I've put on, but I'm not going to set myself a weight target as for me I just know when I look in the mirror that I'm happy with where I am, it's hard to judge from scales alone. Here are my start pictures:


My main concern is my middle - it's nowhere near as toned as it used to be! Although my diet is important too, I'll be focusing most on exercise, as this is where I've been lacking most since the wedding and I can feel myself getting quite sluggish already. I miss the boost that a burst of exercise gave me, so I'm looking forward to also feeling a lot physically better too.

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I bought Women's Health magazine a while ago, and I've been looking through that for some inspiration this weekend. I'll also be picking up the new Slimming World magazine tomorrow. Although I won't be following the plan as religiously and I did during my initial weight loss journey, I love buying the magazine for recipe ideas as their meals are so delicious as well as being healthier. For exercise, as well as the tried and tested methods I used previously, I thought I'd combine fitness with my love of YouTube videos, and have subscribed to the Blogilates channel. I've not tried any videos yet but having just had a quick scroll through I can see a few videos already that I'm excited to try out.

If you have any tips for me, please leave them in the comments or if you are currently blogging about your own weight loss journey, I'd love to read about it, so leave links below. See you next Sunday for my week 1 update!



5 comments :

  1. I wouldn't say I'm blogging about my weight loss journey as such, but I'm trying to be healthier and it's featuring on my blog.
    Aimée Belle x
    http://www.aimeebelleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/i-need-your-help.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your weight loss journey, I love seeing before and afters! I started my own a couple of months ago however have had to give it a break due to having surgery. Will be back on it soon though!

    http://sweet-pea-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you're starting again and I'll take a read. Hope the surgery wasn't too serious xx

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to reading your posts on your journey to shaping up. I need extra motivation so I am really wanting to know some tips and tricks on how to get more healthy.

    Chie
    Makeupland2011
    http://www.makeupland2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete