Wednesday 18 February 2015

Underrated Brand - Natural Collection


Quite often I see people asking for recommendations for really cheap makeup items and whilst the praise that the likes of Makeup Revolution receive is well deserved, there's one brand that I think gets quite overlooked in the beauty world, and that's Boots Natural Collection. Whilst there are a few duds in there (I'm really not a fan of their foundation), there are some real gems to be found and I thought I'd share them with you.


Their blushes are most definitely my favourite products. They are nicely pigmented and have a creamy texture rather than chalky, which a lot of budget blushers can be. The shade Dusky Pink stays in my everyday makeup stash pretty much all year round.

I'd definitely recommend getting your hands on a few of their eyeshadows. The matte shades can be a little hit and miss but the shimmers are absolutely gorgeous. They apply nice and smoothly with no fallout and have a really good wear time - I wish Natural Collection would release a shimmer palette.

I was really surprised by the pigmentation of the moisture shine lipsticks, it's really bright and intense. The formula is really soft and hydrating, so they're a good one for dry lip days. The wear time is what you'd come to expect from this kind of formulation of lipstick, at around the 2-3 hour mark.

Their lip liners are one of my more recent discoveries. They apply really smoothly without dragging along the lips and last a really long time without being drying to the lips. They have some gorgeous colours too - I'd really recommend Ruby Rose.

The best part about the Natural Collection is that all of their products cost just £1.99 each, so you could stock up on a whole bag full of makeup for such a low price.

Have you tried any Natural Collection products?


4 comments :

  1. I use crushed walnut eyeshadow as a contouring colour, its perfect for cool tones.
    http://Brazenrouge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip xx

      Delete
  2. I also love the blushers! The tinted moisturiser isn't bad. I keep meaning to try the lipsticks as my friend swears by them and they look great on her
    Http://www.tamlovestea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some really good colours in the range, would definitely recommend looking at the lipsticks. I've never been a fan of their base products unfortunately, though I did used to swear by their concealer stick when I was in my teens xx

      Delete