Wednesday 11 January 2017

Pregnancy Pamper With Sanctuary Spa


It's been said through most of my pregnancy, but especially now I'm into my third trimester, people keep telling me I need to relax (easier said than done when you're staring at an unfinished nursery, ahhh!). I bought the Sanctuary Mum To Be Ultimate Retreat Hatbox for my sister's birthday last year, as she was pregnant with my niece at the time, and thought it was a great little treat to receive when you're pregnant. You can imagine my delight then when I received my own for Christmas, and I got straight down to trying the products out for myself for a post-Christmas pamper & de-stress evening.




First I ran myself a bath and poured in some of the Tummy Soothing Bath Soak. Now, it says on the packaging to use a generous amount under running water, and it wasn't wrong there. You do need to use quite a lot to get any kind of effect whilst you're in the bath, but the scent is really soothing. Plus is does give off a few bubbles, but not anything you're going to get lost under! I then proceeded to lay back and chill for about half hour, whilst burning one of my favourite candles at the moment, the Champneys Heavenly Days, which was part of another Christmas gift. What's a pamper night without burning a candle or two?!

Once I'd dried off, I then used the Stretch Mark Oil. I'm a bit skeptical as to whether stretch mark products actually work, but as I had it I thought I may as well use it. The consistency was lovely and massaged into my skin really easily, and didn't leave my hands feeling too oily afterwards. A little really does go a long way with this product too, I can see this bottle lasting well past little one's birth.

I then followed that by slathering a decent amount of the Bounce Back Body Butter, particularly around my tummy, thighs and hips. Again this massaged into the skin really well and left it feeling lovely and soft. To top it off, this stuff smells incredible. I can't quite put my finger on the scent, but it smells luxurious without being too overpowering. With me using up so much of it in one go though, I'm not sure how long my little tub will last - sad times.

The final product from the box was probably my favourite. The Cooling Leg & Foot Gel, did exactly what it says on the tin. It is so refreshing and cool when you apply it to your feet, it's been a saviour for me if I've had a particularly long day and my feet are a bit sore. I'm a bit funny about foot creams etc, but this leaves no residue so it's perfect.

If you're pregnant yourself, or know someone that is, I'd definitely recommend picking this up as a nice treat as it's a great way to sample their range. I know I'm definitely going to be picking up another body butter when this one runs out. Though I am slightly gutted that I can't seem to find any more of the leg & foot gel anywhere, I really hope it's not an exclusive to this box! I think I may have to be a little more sparing with it if that's the case, I can see this becoming more & more useful as the pregnancy goes on.

You can pick up a box here for £17.99, though I've quite often seen it on offer throughout the year.


No comments :

Post a Comment