Friday 12 February 2016

Recent Drugstore Purchases


I've not really done a great deal of beauty shopping since my big Winter sales haul. To be honest, I've looked at my beauty stash recently and feel like I need to use up a fair few products before I go on another big spree, especially when it comes to skincare products! I have, however, spotted a few makeup bits and pieces whilst I've been out recently that I couldn't resist picking up - most of which were bought using Boots points, which makes it much more acceptable!


So the only product in this haul that I actually paid money for was the Tanya Burr Rosy Flush Cheek Palette. Now, I'm not usually one for buying into the blogger/vlogger product hype, but when I was browsing through Superdrug recently I opened up this palette and the colours inside were so beautiful I couldn't leave it behind. It comes with a bronzer, rose pink blush, and a gorgeous highlight. Everything you'd need for your cheeks in one, and it was a steal at just £8. I cannot wait to try this out.

I was really excited when pictures started cropping up all over my Instagram feed of the new Barry M Spring Nail Polish Collection. Unfortunately, when I went into my local Boots store the selection was very sparse - everyone had got in there before me! I did manage to pick up a couple of products in their 2 for £6 deal though. The first is their Mani Mask in Bashful. My nails have not been in the best condition recently with all of the work I've been doing in preparation for my house move, so I thought once we were settled in, I could pull this product out and give them a little TLC. I was so torn between this and the nude shade they had, so if this is any good I may have to go back for the other! I also picked up my favourite formula nail polish, the Gelly Hi Shine in Acai Smoothie, a dusky purple/pink shade which I think will look gorgeous on my nails come spring time.

The final product I picked up recently is the Revlon Ultimate All in One mascara. I've seen a lot about the new Revlon mascaras online, and after noticing that I was running out of my current mascara, and that this was on an introductory price of £6.99 in Boots, I thought why not pick one up and see if they live up to the hype. I haven't tested it out yet, but having opened it up and seen how tiny the brush is, I'm not sure how I'll get on with it. I think I'll do a review post on this once I've used it a few times.

What have you bought from the drugstore recently?


10 comments :

  1. The drugstore have had so many new releases recently! I haven't brought anything recently but I am really looking to buy something soon! This post gave me lots of ideas too x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest a lot of the new releases haven't excited me all that much which is why I didn't pick much up, but I'm really happy with what I did get xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to check out Tanya's range at some point! I've been loving a few Essie polishes recently :)

    www.modernaudreyh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her nail polishes, but wasn't so keep on her lip glosses. Loving this palette though xx

      Delete
  3. Acai smoothie shade looks so pretty!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, I really want some more of the new shades xx

      Delete
  4. The BarryM Acai smoothie looks gorgeous, need a good browse in the drugstore!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty, I love spring nail colours xx

      Delete
  5. Love the colour off the barrym polish, is soo pretty!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it?! There are so many nice colours in the new range xx

      Delete