Monday 22 February 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette


My husband did so well this Valentine's Day, I was so grateful to receive this gorgeous palette. Granted, I did talk about this palette a lot before I got it, but let's face it I talk about a lot of things he's not really interested in, so it was great that he still remembered it! I can't really say that a lot of new makeup releasing have been catching my attention recently. I managed to resist that charms of the eyeshadow palette when it was released, telling myself that I already had so many similar shadows in my collection. When I saw the blush palette, however, I had to have it, and if I hadn't received it as a gift, I'm pretty sure I would still have it in my possession by now!




The colours in the palette are gorgeous, and I think will look especially nice on those with paler skintones, so it's going to be great on my complexion. I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of the top row in particular. The shade Easy (top centre) is especially stunning, and I can see myself reaching for this colour regularly, whilst the other pink shade, Cherry, will add a nice pop of colour come the spring/summer months. Angel is the most beautiful shimmery champagne highlight.

Whilst the bottom row wouldn't be shades I would traditionally go for if I was to buy an individual blush, they were actually really lovely when I tried them out, and I think will still get good use out of them. OC in particular, which is a soft peach shade - not something I'd ever reach for - looks really nice with my complexion.



The pigmentation, as you'd expect from Urban Decay, is really good, so not so strong that you have to worry about going in heavy handed with your brush. The wear time is good too, and the product is really soft and easy to apply & blend out.

The palette is a little pricey at £35 but considering it's cheaper than the eyeshadow palette, I'd consider it pretty good value for money - after all it's working out at less than £6 per blush. If you're into your softer cheek colours, I'd definitely recommend looking at this palette in your local stockist, as this I think is a great versatile everyday blush palette.

Have you tried anything from the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani collection?


1 comment :

  1. This looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm so bleak we don't get Urban Decay here. Their palettes are always so lovely! I wish I could have got the GS eyeshadow palette too - I fell in love!

    Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

    ReplyDelete