Wednesday 24 February 2016

My Current Skincare Routine


Right now I'd say I've got enough skincare products stashed away to last me through 2016, after receiving a lot of new products from Christmas, then buying even more in the sale (no idea why I bought so many!). It's been a while since I posted anything about my skincare, and now that I have some new products to mix in with some old favourites, I thought I'd share with you my new skincare routine.


Morning Routine



In the mornings I like to keep things as simple as possible, as I don't want to be spending forever on my routine when I could be spending a few precious extra minutes in bed! To start off, I cleanse my skin using Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser. This is an old favourite of mine which keeps coming back into my skincare routine, as it does a good job over wiping away any overnight dirt, and leaves my skin feeling fresh and hydrated. Next, I spritz some of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, another old favourite. This leaves a nice refreshing tingle to my skin, whilst pumping to with some additional moisture. I also like to use this as a refreshing mist throughout the day whenever it's really warm. My daytime serum is the Vichy Aqualia Thermal. This is so lightweight that it sinks into the skin really quickly, yet it manages to pack so much moisture into the skin. As I have such dry skin, I like to use a hydrating serum in the morning, and I find this one much more comfortable to wear than my old favourite Hydraluron. My final step in the morning is to apply Origins GinZing Moisturiser. I absolutely love this, especially on days when I'm running low on energy and not had a great deal of sleep, as this really brightens your skin up to give you a more awake look.


Evening Routine


As soon as I'm home for the day, no matter what time if it, I'll always remove my makeup. The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water does a great job at removing all of my makeup, even my waterproof mascara, and feels nice and soothing on the skin. As you can see my evening routine has been taken over somewhat by the Liz Earle products I bought in their New Year offer! So for my main evening cleanse, I've recently started using the infamous Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This has left my skin feeling really clean, but without stripping and drying it, which a lot of cleansers can do, especially in the winter when my skin is at its driest. I then follow that up with the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic, which again is really soothing and refreshing on my skin. I'm still absolutely loving The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum in Oil. This has been a staple in my skincare collection for a long time now, and it's going to take something really special to take its place. I can really notice a difference in my skin when I use this, it feels so much plumper in the morning, and looks radiant too. I don't always bother with an eye cream, but when I do I opt for the Clinique All About Eyes as it packs in a lot of moisture but sinks into skin quickly. Just to make sure I'm using all of the collection, my current moisturiser of choice is the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser. There's different versions of this, but I have the one for dry/sensitive skin types. This is another product that sinks into the skin really quickly, so you're not going to get product all over your pillow at night, but it still leaves your skin feeling nice and hydrated in the morning. This paired with The Body Shop serum makes a really great combo for those suffering really badly with dry winter skin.

Have you tried any of the products I've featured? What skincare products are you currently using?


2 comments :

  1. Where did you buy your Caudalie as I had trouble finding it? Also, I am looking for a new eye cream as Avon, which I have used for many years, has changed its formula and I had a reaction to it. I can't use eye cream by No 7, nor Nivea, nor Olay as my eyes become red and sore; do you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy my Caudalie products from Feel Unique, but it does go in & out of stock quite often. For eye cream I'd recommend the brand Origins. I'll see if I have a sample anywhere xx

      Delete