Thursday 18 February 2016

My "Moving Out" Makeup Bag


It's just two days until I move house now, so the inevitable time has come where I have had to pack the contents of my makeup drawers away so that it can be taken to my new home - sob! I did find find it quite a useful exercise for getting rid of the disgustingly old products I'd been hoarding though! Rather than pack absolutely everything and subject the public to seeing my completely makeup free face for a few days, I decided to pack just a few essentials in one of my makeup bags, which I'll then take with me in my overnight bag. So, here's what I've decided to keep with me in my moving out makeup bag.




As this is going to be the makeup I wear come moving day, I decided I wanted more of a lightweight base with me, so I've kept out my Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation. This will give me just the right amount of coverage that I'll need, without feeling heavy or cakey. For concealer, what else was I going to use other than the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - nothing else needs to be said about this! To save space in my makeup bag, I thought I'd pack an all in one product for my cheeks. The Sleek Face Form Palette contains a blush, bronzer and highlighter all in one slimline palette, so I'm good to go there. I used to use this a lot, then kind of neglected it for a while, so it was good to bring this palette out again.

The only brushes I've packed are for my face, as I've gone for relatively fuss free eye products. They are all from Zoeva too! I've packed my Silk Finish Brush, Powder Brush and Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush (I realised when I came to write this post that I've missed the third brush from the picture, oops!). I absolutely love my Zoeva brushes, they are such good quality that I rarely reach for anything else anymore.

So, as I mentioned, I've gone for very minimal, fuss free products for my eyes - I can't imagine that I'm going to have much time to spare for an intricate eyeshadow look over the next few days! For my lids, I've chosen two different coloured eye crayons - then at least I've got some sort of choice depending on the mood I'm in! I'll probably wear my Clinique Chubby Stick in Lots O' Latte the most as it's a very neutral shade. If I fancy something a little different, I've also packed my Collection Work The Colour Eye Pencil in Vintage Blush, which is a nice pinky, almost rose gold colour. At the moment, theres only one brow product I'm really loving, so I had to pack my Benefit Gimme Brow. For mascara, I had to go waterproof, so I've chosen my Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof, and, if I fancy adding a little more drama to my eye look, I've also packed my Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl Liner in Barbarella Brown.

For my lip products, I've just kept in simple and chosen two nude shades. I can't imagine that I'll be wanting to rock a bold lip anyway! I have given myself two options though - matte and glossy! For my "matte" lipstick (it's a satin formula, but they have an almost matte finish!) I've packed one of my favourite lipsticks, MAC Brave. If I do fancy something more glossy and nourishing on my lips though, I've got my Maybelline Colour Elixir in Caramel Infused.


The bag itself is from Oliver Bonas. It's great, as it's small but deceptively spacious. I could've fitted more in if I wanted, but I've tried to keep it to a minimum. It's a great bag for doing your makeup anywhere, as it stands upright, and opens up so you can see exactly whats inside.

What's currently in your makeup bag?


No comments :

Post a Comment