Wednesday 22 June 2016

Drugstore Five Product Face


Most days I don't wear a lot of makeup. When I'm getting ready (and usually running late!) in the week, I want as few products to apply as possible to make sure I'm out of the door asap. These are the products I'm currently reaching for on a minimal makeup day. Even better, they are all from the drugstore so they'll cost you less than £10 each.


My base of choice at the moment is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation. It's quite lightweight and comfortable to wear, but it gives me enough coverage that I don't always have to faff around with concealer. It's really quick and easy to apply and blend - I usually opt for my Zoeva Silk Finish brush when applying this.

Some might think I'm cheating slightly with the Sleek Face Form Palette, but technically this is just one product! On a normal day I only tend to use just the blush part anyway - there's no way I've got time for all that contouring business every day! The blush in this palette is very similar to the NARS Orgasm blush, which is one of my favourites for this time of year. It's got a bit of shimmer to it too, so highlighter isn't always necessary.

I absolutely love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos for when I'm applying my makeup in a rush. I just dip my finger in, swipe across the lid, do the smallest amount of blending and it's good to go. I've got a few shades as I love them so much, but my most reached for, and most everyday friendly shade, is On & On Bronze.

Most people, especially with the trends at the moment, would say their one can't live without product would be something for their brows, but not me. My brows are pretty full, so most days a quick brush through will suffice for me, but I always have to have mascara on hand, as my lashes are pretty non existent without it. My drugstore favourite for a long time now has been Maybelline The Rocket. It gives me really good volume and length without looking clumpy. I always go for the waterproof version just in case!

If you want an affordable lip product that's going to last a really long time, but is still going to be comfortable to wear, then I'd definitely recommend checking out the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets. As well as the qualities already mentioned, they are also really easy to apply. There's a really good variety of shades in the range now, my makeup drawer can testify that, but a really nice wearable everyday shade is Nude-ist, which as the name would suggest is a really nice nude, with pinky tones to it.


No comments :

Post a Comment