Wednesday 1 February 2017

What's In My New Acrylic Storage


So I'm using the term "new" in the title quite loosely here - I actually got this acrylic storage set off my in-laws for my birthday, in July, but it's taken til now, and a little furniture move around, for me to get around to chucking out my manky old Muji, and putting this to good use. I have to say, I prefer this much more to my old Muji setup. I can fit so much more in here, plus I absolutely adore the space to store lipsticks etc on the top. So, here's a little tour around my new storage system, and which of my most used products I'm currently keeping in there.




I can't be 100% sure where exactly this was bought from as it was a gift, but I've managed to find it on Amazon for less than £20, and I'd imagine this is the cheapest place you can get it from. Just from having a little browse, I can see there's several different variations to choose from, with different sized drawers and different payouts of the top storage area, so it's well worth having a search for acrylic storage on Amazon if you're looking for something new.

So first off, the top section. This is where I am keeping all of the bits and pieces that I use most regularly, so that they are super easy to reach for in the mornings. I've got my Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and my current two most used foundations, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation & Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation. I've also smanaged to fit in the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in case I fancy something a little more lightweight one day, though I do tend to reach for this more in summer.

In one of the pots at the back I've got my favourite mascara YSL Babydoll, my most used concealer duo in Collection Lasting Perfection & Seventeen Skin WOW, and a Charlottle Tilbury eye & lip liner combo in the shades Barbarella Brown & Pillow Talk. Next to those I have yet another Charlottle Tilbury product (can you tell I love them?!). I received the Golden Goddess eyeshadow palette as a gift from my husband for Christmas & absolutely love it, so I make sure I've got easy access to it for everyday use. Behind that I have my current favourite blush which is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion. 

In the front section, along with my foundations, I have two more cheek products. The Collection Speedy Blush is great for grabbing when I'm in a hurry, so I had to have this easily accessible. Becca Champagne Pop has also become a staple recently for when I want to add some serious shimmer. Alongside those I have my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I don't always use eyeshadow primer, but I like to have a tube of this handy for when I need some extra longevity from my eye makeup. I've also been loving the MAC Paintpot in Bare Study as a base under most other eyeshadows recently. Or occasionally, if I want something really simple, I'll just wear this on its own.

Then onto the lipsticks. Of course I had to have my entire Charlotte Tilbury lipstick collection out on display! Besides them being absolutely beautiful to look at in their stunning packaging, they are definitely also my most reached for lip products at the moment, with my favourite being Bitch Perfect. I recently did a post on my collection, which you can read here, but you'll notice there's more lipsticks on display than there are in that post, as I may have made a couple more sneaky purchases recently, which I'll be writing about very soon! Behind the Charlotte Tilbury lippies, I have some of my current favourites from MAC, including Velvet Teddy and my all time favourite Brave.


Being able to cram so much into the top section of the storage meant that I didn't really need to fit all that much into the drawers, but I popped a few bits in there, just in case I fancy reaching for something different some days. In the first drawer I have another Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow quad in Dolce Vita, one of my old favourite blushes Benefit Rockateur, the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow, Benefit Rollerlash Mascara and two of the Max Factor CC sticks, which I use when my skin really is not behaving myself and concealer just won't cut it.


The middle drawer is all about the eyes, with a couple more eyeshadow palettes in the form of the Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette & Too Face Natural Eyes palette. These two have been regularly used for a while now, and were nice and compact enough to be able to fit in the drawers. I've also got a couple of cream eyeshadow pots, the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze and Kiko Cream Crush shadow in shade 05. These are great for those days when you just want to swipe on some colour and go, though the Kiko shadow looks best over the top of other shadows just to create a more shimmery finish.


The bottom drawer houses the rest of the lip products that I reach for most regularly. As you can see, I'm really spoilt for choice!. I've got a few more of my MAC lippies in here, including the limited edition shades Kelly Yum Yum & Von Teese, which are my most grabbed bolder shades, to counter balance all of the nude shades I have in here! I would've loved to have displayed my only Tom Ford lipstick in the top section, but unfortunately the packaging is just a bit too fat! Since it's a frequently picked one, I decided to still keep it in the drawers. The shade is the beautiful Pink Dusk. Alongside these I have a few drugstore picks, mostly from Revlon. I have their Colourburst Matte Balms in Elusive & Stricking, and the Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Seduction, as well as one of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in the shade Cannes.


As there's a little bit of space either side of my acrylic storage, between the drawers on my dresser, I decided to slip in a few of the slightly larger palettes that I regularly reach for, just so that they are still easily accessible to me, without taking up an entire drawers space on their own! Down one side I have the Urban Decay Naked, Naked Ultimate Basics & Zoeva Rose Golden eyeshadow palettes, and to the other side I have my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette. All stunning products that I just didn't want to hide away in a drawer somewhere, so that additional space has come in handy!


So here's a little overview of how this all looks on my dressing table. I'm really pleased with the setup overall, though after donating the basket I housed my skincare products in to my little boys nursery, I'm currently on the hunt for something else to store it all in - any suggestions would be welcome!

How do you store your most used makeup products?


2 comments :

  1. CHARLOTTE TILBURY LIPSTICK GOALS!!!!!!

    🙊
    Claudia xx
    www.claudiawright.com

    ReplyDelete