Thursday 1 January 2015

December Beauty Favourites


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous time seeing in the New Year with those closest to you, and that you're not feeling too delicate today! I wasn't sure if I was going to do a December favourite, since I posted my favourite discoveries of 2014 yesterday, but there are a few things I'd been loving this past month, some of which were new to me so I thought it would be a little premature to put into a yearly favourites post, but I wanted to share with you nonetheless.


I received a sample size of the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in my You Beauty Discovery advent calendar, which I was really happy about as this was a product I'd been dying to try for the longest time, but was a little afraid of the price tag - I don't get on too well with primers, so I didn't want it to me a huge amount wasted. But this primer left me pleasantly surprised. The questionable smell aside, it sinked into my skin nice and quickly, and left my foundation looking flawless after application. It's very thin in consistency, so you only need a little when applying, which it does so nicely. I'll be purchasing a full size once this runs out which, considering how much I've used it this month, I don't think will be any time soon!

I've had the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for a few months now and it's become my favourite drugstore foundation. It also appeared in my 2014 favourites post, so this may seem a little repetitive, but this is my most used product of December, so I couldn't not feature it really. It's the only foundation I've reached for, and pairing this with the Laura Mercier primer has left my skin looking so good during the day. I've done a full review post of the foundation here if you'd like a little more detail.

The Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel Palette was one of those pre-Christmas treats I bought for myself whilst I was out Christmas shopping in November and, even though it was a pretty pricey one, it's probably earning a late entry for my favourite palette of the year. It's been my go-to throughout December for a look, whatever the occasion. I've used the top two shades continuously for a really simple daytime look, and then smoked it out a little if I was going out. The stars are really starting to fade away now, which is a shame as they are so pretty! You can see full swatches here.

I've really fallen in love with the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils since they were released towards the end of the year. Their formula is so creamy smooth that they glide onto the lips so easily. They have good staying power too, though they will need a slight touch-up after eating. The one I've been loving recently has been Light It Up, a classic red perfect for the festive season. I'm desperate to get my hands on some more shades, Berry Much in particular, and now I've received some of the Nars lip pencils for Christmas, expect a comparison post very soon!

My final December favourite is very much one for the festive season. I love Lush products at Christmas, in fact it's the only time I use anything from them that's not skincare related. I've been flitting between the Yog Nog soap and the Hot Toddy Shower Gel all month and since I'd already featured the soap on my blog, I thought I'd include the shower gel in my favourites, as it really was a close call between the two! It's got a very spicy scent to it and, although there appears to be glitter in the bottle, this has never transferred to my body. It has a slightly thick consistency to it and lathers up really nicely, leaving your shower smelling like a Winter Wonderland. I'm not sure if this is still available in the sale but if you can get your hands on it I would.

What have been your favourite beauty products of December 2014?


12 comments :

  1. The shower gel sounds awesome, Lush always think up the best names for their products. Great post!! I've actually been using loads of Body Shop products recently, sorry Lush. I can't wait to see more posts! Keep up the good work, Bobo xoxo
    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you hun. The Body Shop has been so good this Christmas hasn't it?! xx

      Delete
  2. That Charlotte Tilbury quad!! Soo sooo stunning!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so beautiful, I didn't want to use it for ages! xx

      Delete
  3. So jealous of the CT Quad, her stuff is to die for! Happy new year lovely!

    Chloe x

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I know, Charlotte Tilbury makeup is beautiful. I want to get the Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette this year xx

      Delete
  4. Happy new year chicka, the charlotte tilbury palette is beautiful. My new years resolution is to try something from them haha! xx

    Coleoftheball

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's a good resolution to have! Happy New Year xx

      Delete
  5. Happy new year! The Hot Toddy shower gel is something I have wanted to pick up for aggeess now - it smells amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, I'd recommend picking some up if it's still in the sale xx

      Delete
  6. We have a lot of the same favourites! The Hot Toddy shower gel and a Colour Drama lip pencil will be featuring in my Dec faves too :) Love Colour Stay foundation too and very jealous of your Charlotte Tilbury palette! xx

    http://littlemisslifestyle271.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete