Monday 19 January 2015

Slimming World Magic Pancakes


I love pancakes, but when I started following the Slimming World plan, I found that I'd be spending a lot of syns if I was to have them. Of course, I'd treat myself occasionally but through another member of my group I discovered a super simple recipe for "magic" oats pancakes, which is very popular amongst Slimming World members, as we can give into our cravings without going off plan.




So here's the ingredients - yup, that's it! I told you it was simple! Measure out 35g of plain porridge oats, which if you're following the Slimming World plan would count as your Healthy Extra B, and then mix in your choice of Mullerlight yoghurt (I've chosen toffee this time, but the strawberry one tastes amazing!).

Once the oats are fully mixed in with the yoghurt, cover and leave in the fridge to soak. You should do this for at least 30 minutes, but ideally it's best to leave it overnight. As you can see it's not the most appealing thing, but trust me it gets better!


Once soaked, beat two large eggs into the oat mixture, and you're ready to begin cooking. Just a quick tip, I transfer my mixture into a measuring jug before I begin cooking, so that it's easier to pour it out onto the frying pan.

Spray you frying pan with Frylight and set on a low heat. Pour the mixture into circles of around 5-6cm in diameter (don't make the pancakes too thick, or the under-side will start to burn before the top has set enough to be flipped). I usually leave mine to cook for around 45-60 seconds, making sure the edges don't stick, before flipping them over and cooking the other side.

Repeat this until the mixture has gone and you should have around 8-10 mini pancakes, which you could either have for breakfast (I've just topped mine with fat free natural yoghurt and fruit), or you could leave them to cool and keep them stored away for a snack later in the day.

Have you tried magic pancakes? What's your favourite breakfast recipe?


2 comments :

  1. These look absolutely delicious! Will have to try :)

    Cristina
    http://cristina.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I love experimenting with different flavour yoghurts xx

      Delete