Friday 23 January 2015

My Favourite Highlighters


For some, highlighter is one of those summer-only products, but I like to give my face a bit of a glow all year round - just a subtle sheen to perk up my complexion on a drab winter's day. Until recent years, highlighter was one of those steps that I tended to skip in my routine, and I probably had just one sad,unloved highlighter sitting at the bottom of my makeup bag, but now I seem to have amassed quite a few in a short space of time, and these are my top three.


Benefit Watts Up Highlighter £24.50
This is my favourite of them all. It's so easy to apply - just glide the stick applicator along your cheekbones and blend out. You can use the sponge on the other end to blend out, but I prefer to use my fingers. It's the most gorgeous champagne shade and gives just a subtle radiance to your face. Although it's a cream product, I doesn't disturb any base product you have already applied, and turns to a powder finish.

Topshop Glow Highlighter in Gleam £9.00
This definitely gets the most use in the summer, as it's really adds to the bronzed sunkissed glow perfectly. This has a little more sheen to it than Watts Up, and again glides perfectly onto the skin without moving your base makeup. Definitely be very light-handed with this though, as a little will go a long way.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle £23.00
This is very similar in tone to Watts Up, but is obviously in powder form, so I find it to be a little longer lasting. It's a beautiful light champagne with just the tiniest hint of shimmer which barely translates on the skin, so don't let what it looks like in the pan put you off - you're not going to look like a disco ball! The only problem is that powder seems to go everywhere when you swirl your brush in the pan, so go in lightly - you can see my packaging is a little dirty inside and I'm not a heavy-handed girl!

l-r: Watts Up, Gleam, Soft & Gentle
What's your favourite highlighter?


8 comments :

  1. I actually really love my Make Up Rev highlighter at the moment which is a silvery colour but I've been looking at both the Benefit and Mac for a while now so I don't think it'll be long before I cave! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benefit have quite a few nice highlighters but Watts Up is amazing :) xx

      Delete
  2. IN love with watts up and soft and gentle! I must get my hands on the topshop one asap, looks gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, Topshop have another highlighter in the Glow range, I forget what it's called, but I really want to try that one too xx

      Delete
  3. I'm currently using the MUA Undress Your Skin but I really want to try more, especially the Benefit one! :)
    Lovely post!
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, the Benefit one is gorgeous, lasts for ages too which kind of makes up for the higher price! xx

      Delete
  4. I have the Mac product and I love it. It's lasted me about a year but makes such a difference on the skin. I definitely want to try out the Benefit highlighter. Great post! thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, definitely try the Benefit one it's lovely xx

      Delete