Sunday 18 January 2015

My Favourite Nude Lipsticks


I love a good nude lip. It's the fail-safe option that's going to go with any look and, until the last year or so, it was the only lip choice I'd make! Whilst I have enjoyed experimenting with my bolder lip colours recently, I'll always come back to a nude for a more everyday, office appropriate look. It was hard to narrow this collection down, but here are five of my favourites.



l-r: Notting Hill Nude, Julianne's Nude, Nude-ist, Innocent, Kinda Sexy

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude 
This is what I would call a classic nude. It's a light caramel-brown shade, that's just dark enough to not look like concealer on my lips. The formula of these lipsticks is really soft and nourishing - great for dry lips. I have quite a few of these lipsticks, but Notting Hill Nude is by far my most reached for.

L'Oreal Collection Privee in Julianne's Nude
This was my go to lipstick during last spring, I love it so much. It's definitely more of a peachy nude, and suits pale skintones like mine really well. The colour is so light and subtle, it's great for those days when you want just a hint of colour - I wear this one to work a lot.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist
In terms of colour, I think this one is probably my favourite. It's got more of a pink tone to it, and a love a good pink lipstick! These lipsticks were one of my favourite launches of last year, and the formulation of this one in particular is really good. It glides on really well and dries to a matte finish pretty quickly.

Topshop Lipstick in Innocent
Another pinky-nude, but this one has slight lilac undertone to it. It's quite bright for a nude lipstick, so I almost didn't include it, but I've heard others describe it as a nude so why not?! On my lips it looks like a more muted version of MAC's Saint Germain. I've recently raved about how good Topshop lipsticks are so I won't go on about it again!

MAC Lipstick in Kinda Sexy
This lipstick is so beautiful, it's been in my everyday stash for so long now, and I've got so much wear out of it in recent months. It's quite similar to Notting Hill Nude, but has more of a pink undertone to it, and it's a matte finish. A lot of MAC matte lipsticks can be quite uncomfortable to wear, but Kinda Sexy has quite a creamy formula to it, so it's not as drying as some others.

Left side top to bottom: Notting Hill Nude, Julieanne's Nude, Nude-ist. Right side top to bottom: Innocent, Kinda Sexy
What's your favourite nude lipstick?


6 comments :

  1. I've been dying to get my hands on the Bourjois Nude-ist for a while! Really need to get my bum to Boots and get one, it looks even nicer on!

    Rhianna | robowecop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, it's my favourite shade from that lipstick range and that's saying something because I was obsessed with Pink Pong last summer haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's lovely, one of my favourite MAC lipsticks. I think the name is quite appropriate too, there's just something about it xx

      Delete
  3. Ah love a nude lip :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete