Tuesday 27 January 2015

Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl Set


I find Soap & Glory makeup to be a bit hit & miss so, even though I'd heard really good things about their Smoulder Kohl eyeliners I was still a little reluctant to try them. However, when I saw a four piece set for just £7 in the Boots Boxing Day sale, I decided it was time to give them a go, especially as I'd be paying just over the price of one (£5) to try out a variety of colours.



l-r: Aquabat, Blue My Mind, Cocoa Bean, Superblack
I've found these liners to be really good quality. They glide along really easily, so lining your lids is a doddle, and the lasting power in the waterline is amazing. When testing out the black liner, I checked back five hours later and the line was still as intense as when I applied it. I've always been a really big fan of the Rimmel Scandaleyes liners, but these have really given them a run for their money, and it's tough to choose between the two.

I think what's going to let Soap & Glory down is their shade selection. I absolutely love Aquabat, a beautiful turquoise green with a hint of shimmer to it the really makes the eyes stand out, but having checked the Boots website it appears only the brown and black shades are available to buy separately, which makes me even more grateful that I managed to pick up this set! Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but if I'm not I really hope Soap & Glory expand their colour range soon, as I'd definitely buy more - I think there's room for a deep purple in there somewhere!

Have you tried the Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohls? What's your favourite drugstore eyeliner?



4 comments :

  1. That turquoise is beautiful! I sometimes wish I didn't have such blue eyes as I'd love to be able to wear bright blues on my eyes!

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, it is a really pretty colour xx

      Delete