Friday 9 January 2015

Space NK Winter Candles


If you read my winter sales haul at the weekend, you'll know I made a sneaky little purchase in Space NK. One of the things I picked up was their winter candle trio, which I thought was a steal at just £17.50. Candles (well, any product actually!) from Space NK can be a little on the pricey side, but I've always wanted to buy one. Whilst these may not be full size, they are ideal for trying them out and finding a favourite to possibly purchase in the future.




The packaging is lovely, with the silver snowflakes giving it a very wintery feel. The three votive size candles are very simple but beautiful to look at. The wax is cream and come housed in clear, frosted holders - very neutral so they would look good with any decor. The scent really hits you from the moment you open the box, it's very refreshing without being too overpowering. I'm used to burning very strong foody scents from Yankee Candle, but these are much more of a sophisticated home fragrance smell, something I think I'll be leaning more towards in the future.

Cashmere Woods is the perfect candle for a cosy winter night in. As you can probably imagine it's a very woody scent but it has a hint of floral to it. It's a little spicy too, and just makes you feel all warm and cosy on a cold evening.

Smokey Rose was the one I was a little unsure that I'd like, and I'm not a massive fan of floral scents. Floral candles can be really hit and miss I think, they can sometimes be too strong, but this one is really soft and subtle. I wouldn't say it was too much of a floral scent either, there's definitely some woody notes in there.

Mediterranean Fig is my favourite of the three. It has that hint of fruitiness that I love but again has a bit of a floral scent to it. It's very fresh and outdoorsy, and just makes any room smell so beautiful.

The scent pay off from the Space NK candles is really good, I'd so more of a long-lasting scent rather than a strong one - I find that some candles can be way too overpowering and these strike the ideal balance. Unfortunately this set appears to be sold out now, but there are still some candles left in the Space NK sale, if you fancy trying one or two out.

Have you tried the Space NK candles? What's your favourite candle scent?


2 comments :