Saturday 2 December 2017

December Makeup Menu


I like to switch my makeup collection up a bit on a regular basis, just so that I don't have products that sit in my drawers forever, going unloved. Now we are into December, my makeup bag has had a bit of a festive makeover. Here are the products I'll be reaching for most over the next few weeks.

For base I've included the Charlottle Tilbury Magic Foundation and my trusted Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I've been loving my It Cosmetics CC Cream a lot recently, but with lots of parties and days out in my diary during December, I felt like I needed something with a bit more coverage and staying power.

The Benefit Rockateur blush has been a favourite of mine for a few years now, but it's one I've not used for a while. I thought it was time to give to some love again, and I think the rose gold shade will be really pretty for this time of year. For those nights out, I'll be using the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Champagne Pop. This is the most insane highlighter that I own, and will really add a gorgeous shimmering glow to my cheeks, perfect for party season.

I couldn't not include my favourite mascara in my festive makeup bag. The YSL Babydoll Mascara is great for adding length, and really defining & separating each lash. Having tried cheaper alternatives, I always go back to this. I also had to include the Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel eyeshadow quad, it was a Christmas release after all! The shades are gorgeous for this time of year, and I can create everything from a basic daytime look to a smokey eye with these shades. For those days where I just want a sweep & go product, but still look like I've made an effort, I've pick the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette. This cream shadow is beautifully shimmery, and looks so pretty on it's own just blended out a little. If I fancy wearing liner, I have opted for the Charlotte Tilbury Rock n Kohl in Barbarella Brown, which is another trusted favourite (I've realised there's a lot of Charlotte Tilbury in this makeup bag, can you tell I love her?!).

Finally, for my lips, I've decided to opt for an everyday nude, and then more of a typical festive option. This wasn't intentional, but I've actually picked two lipsticks that I have the matching liners for, so I've decided to include those too. My everyday nude shade is Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk. I haven't met any beauty addict that doesn't love this shade. It's a deep pink nude, which I think suits my skintone perfectly. My second choice, of course, had to be a festive red, and my all time favourite red lipstick is MAC Ruby Woo. Both lipsticks are a matte formula, so they'll great staying power for nights out, but I'll have to make sure I've stocked up on the lip balm!

What's currently in your makeup bag?


No comments :

Post a Comment