Thursday 21 December 2017

My Perfect Winter Night In


I'm not one for big nights out at any time of your, but particularly in the winter. I'm much more content snuggling up for a cosy night in at home. It's warmer, it's cheaper, and nothing beats the comfort of your own home, especially in the run up to Christmas with the lights from the tree sparkling. Here's my recipe for my perfect winter night in.


It has to start off with a bath to help me unwind. As soon as Oliver's in bed, it's time to run myself a bath and crumble in a Lush Christmas bubble bar, or pour in my favourite Aromatherapy Associates oils. To make it the ultimate bath, I'll include a face mask, Origins masks being my all time favourites, though I am really loving a sheet mask at the moment.

Once out of the bath I'll pop on my gingerbread onesie to help me feel super cosy and festive, then go downstairs and light my favourite festive candle, Yankee Candle's Christmas Memories. Then I'll grab some popcorn, make myself an amazing hot chocolate, topped with marshmallows and cream, and settle down on the sofa to watch a festive film - my favourites being Elf and Love Actually.

Once the film is over, it's time to head to bed. I rarely go straight to sleep, as I like to do a little bit of reading to switch my mind off a bit and wind down. Check out my December reading list post to find out what I'm currently reading.

What would be your perfect winter night in?


No comments :

Post a Comment