Sunday 17 December 2017

What's In Oliver's Christmas Eve Box


I can't believe it's only a week until Christmas Eve! This month seems to just be flying by! Even though Oliver, at just 9 months old, is far too young to understand Christmas yet, I wanted to start the Christmas Eve box tradition now, so that we can say to him it's something we've done since he was a baby - plus it's a little bit of fun for me! Today I'm going to share with you what we've put inside he first ever Christmas Eve box.




First off the box itself - we ordered this about a month ago from Personalised Xmas for £19.99. Whilst it's going to be a bit late to order a personalised box for this year, there are some great boxes available from Asda and Mothercare, amongst others, which you could personalise yourself, or even completely decorate your own blank box.


There are lots of great Christmas activity packs available which would be great for Christmas Eve boxes, and I'll definitely be buying them in a couple of years time, but there wasn't much entertainment wise that we could get him, so we opted for his favourite Peppa Pig on DVD.

My mum found this great personalised elf story book, which we will read to him before bed. I think this book will end up coming out every Christmas.

It wouldn't be a Christmas Eve box without a pair of festive pyjamas. This Elf In Training set was an absolute steal at £3.99 from B&M. I didn't want to spend too much, as he's only going to wear them the once, so these were perfect.


As I previously said, I wanted to start all of our family Christmas traditions now, so these items will feature every year. I'd seen lots of Santa keys around, and thought it was a great way to explain how Santa gets into your house if you don't have a chimney. This key was from Card Factory and was just 99p. It comes in a cardboard wallet for easy storage too.

If you saw my festive haul, you'll have seen the plate and bottle set already. This was also from Card Factory and just £3.99. The design is just super cute, I can't wait to leave our treats out on it next week.

Another tradition that I've noticed has become big over the last few years is sprinkling some magic reindeer food outside. You can buy little bags of this online, but as it's literally just porridge oats and glitter mixed together, I decided to just make my own! Maybe when Oliver is old enough to understand, I'll make a little label to go with it, but for now it's just in a plain jar from Hobbycraft.

As well as these items, we'll buy a bag of choccies for Mummy & Daddy to enjoy!

What's in your little ones Christmas Eve Box?


2 comments :