Friday 1 December 2017

December Reading List


It's December, time to dust off those Christmas novels! I've built up a small collection of Christmas books over the years, but when it comes down to it, I've never actually sat down and read many of them! I'm making it my mission this year to have a bit of me time before bed every evening and try to get through three books in the run up to Christmas. So here's what I'll be reading this month.

The Christmas Promise by Sue Moorcroft

"For Ava Blissham, it's going to be a Christmas to remember...On a snowy December evening, Sam Jermyn steps into the life of bespoke hat maker Ava. Sparks fly, and not necessarily the good ones. Times are tough for Ava - she's struggling to make ends meet, her ex-boyfriend is a bully, and worst of all, it's nearly Christmas. So when Sam commissions Ava to make a hat for someone special, she makes a promise that will change her life. She just doesn't know it yet..."

This book was given to me by my mother in law after she read it all the way back in October! I've not been given any clues as to what happens, and there's not much of a giveaway from the blurb on the back, though I'm guessing romance between Ava & Sam will be involved within the plot.


With Love at Christmas by Carole Matthews

"Can the imperfect family really have the perfect Christmas? Juliet Joyce adores Christmas. She loves the presents, the tree, the turkey, the tinsel...just everything! Already the festive spirit is upon her, which is just as well as this Christmas things are starting to get a little out of hand. Her son Tom is out of work and bringing home a slew of unsuitable partners; pregnant daughter Chloe and her little boy have moved back in; Juliet's father, Frank, is getting over a heartbreak of his own and Rita, her eccentric mother, is behaving more erratically each day. And has the chaos got too much for Juliet's husband, Rick? Whit the big day fast approaching, Juliet hopes that she can stop everything spiralling out of control, because the only thing she wants is her family all around her and her home to be filled..."

This is one of those books I bought a few years ago and just never got around to reading. Juliet sounds like me when it comes to her love of all things festive. Just from reading the back of the book, I think this is going to be quite a funny read, with all of the chaos that appears to be involved.


Dream a Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher

"Sarah's life is great. Okay, her dreams might still be totally bananas, but her real life is definitely back on track. She's got a fantastic job, amazing friends and she's planning on spending all Christmas wrapped up with Brett, her handsome boyfriend. But after another night of increasingly bizarre dreams, Sarah wakes to find her lovely housemate suddenly announcing she's moving out. Then later the same day, Brett begins to act strangely. It's clear he's hiding something - but what? Soon Sarah can't help but wonder if she's living out her own festive nightmare. Will any of her dreams come true in time for Christmas?"

I love Giovanna Fletcher, so I can't believe how long I've had this book without reading it, especially as it's a much shorter read than most books. I'm wondering if Sarah's boyfriend and housemate end up having an affair, or if this is just what she is led to believe and there is actually something much more innocent to it. Either way, it's a Christmas novel, so I'm sure there's a happy ending to come.


Are you reading any Christmas books this month?


No comments :

Post a Comment