Wednesday 13 December 2017

Mini Festive Haul


I always like to treat myself a little bit when I do my Christmas shopping. After all, it's a lot of hard work, so you need rewarding for your efforts, right? Whilst past years have seen me buying the likes of luxury beauty sets and fitness trackers, this year I've been on a much tighter budget - plus I have way too many products to get myself through now - so I just picked up a few bits & pieces that I liked the look of, plus a few cute little decorative things, all of which were under £5.




First up, on one of my many trips to Primark, I spotted this really cute gingerbread mug. It's a really good size, nice and tall, and I've been using it for my gingerbread green tea. I think it was £2.50, but can't be sure - it was definitely less than £3, so a total bargain.

I'd seen a lot of B&M hauls popping up on YouTube recently, and they appeared to have quite a few good buys. As well as picking up a few everyday essentials and pressies, I also picked up a couple of treats for myself. I love hot chocolate, especially at this time of year. I'd had my eye on a similar set from Wilkos, which was £7, but when I saw this set, which is very similar but almost half the price at £3.99, I of course snapped it up. It comes with 7 different hot chocolate flavours, plus some mini marshmallows & gingerbread men. I'm looking forward to some cosy nights in with a hot chocolate in my new mug!

Also from B&M, I picked up a Christmas colouring book for just £2.49. Colouring is one of my top ways to relax on an evening, and this one has some really lovely festive designs in. They had lots of great colouring books in store, so I may go back for some Non-Christmassy ones soon.


I know Oliver is only 9 months old, so totally doesn't understand Christmas at all, but I wanted to start all of our Christmas traditions right from his first Christmas. One of the things most families do is leave treats out for Santa and his reindeer. I found this really cute set in Card Factory for just £3.99, which comes with a plate and a little bottle & straw for Santa's drink. It will be going in Oliver's Christmas Eve box this year, but we have kept the packaging to store it away to use every year.

If you saw my home at Christmas post you'll know that Oliver has his own tree in his room. Whilst having a browse through Poundland, I came across a display with personalised tree decorations. There were different designs for each name; rudolph, snowman, gingerbread man, and the Santa which I opted for. Can you believe this was just a pound?! It's really cute and good quality. If you can't find the name you're looking for, they also had blank ones to personalise yourself.

The final item is not one that I actually bought myself but I thought I'd include it anyway. I came across it whist browsing the internet for baby's first Christmas decorations, and thought the slogan was funny. My mother in law ended up buying it for me and, as it fits in with his colour theme, I am hanging it in Oliver's room - let's hope Santa takes note haha! It was from Matalan, and really reasonably priced at just £2.


No comments :

Post a Comment