Friday 28 August 2015

Primark Haul August 2015


Considering I bought quite an expensive item (expensive as far as Primark goes anyway!) and still managed to keep the total under £100, I wasn't expecting this haul to be very big, but having now gone thought the items I picked up I've realised it's even bigger than last month! Oops! I think you can tell from this haul I am well and truely over summer and very much looking forward to autumn arriving - this is my favourite season in terms of the fashion!




Black Shoulder Bag £12.00 First off I really needed a new handbag for work. I absolutely love the one I have at the moment, but it has been worn to death and is starting to get pretty tatty now, so as much as it pains me, it's time for a new one. I wanted to go for something quite simple this time, so this plain black shoulder bag was ideal. It's got a giant section in the middle, which does up with a popper, then two big zipped compartments either side, which I'll keep all my important bits in.


Black Bow Detail Shoes £5.00 Another slightly boring but essential work purchase were these black pumps. I wear flats most days, simply for comfort reasons, and my last pair were getting really battered so it was time to replace them. I've gone with pretty much the same design, except the detail on the bow is slightly different. I've heard people complain about the quality of this type of shoe from Primark before, but I have to say considering how often I wore them, my last pair lasted me a really long time, and for just £5 I don't really mind replacing them now & again anyway.


Butterfly Print Peter Pan Collar Top £6.00 Show me anything with butterflies on it and I'll buy it, haha! I absolutely love butterfly print so when I saw this top, I knew it was coming home with me. I have quite a lot of tops with a peter pan collar now, most of them monochrome too, so I really didn't need this, but ah well! I'll probably end up wearing this as a work top.


Black T-Bar Detail Top £6.00 I absolutely loved this when I saw it in the shop, and spent forever rummaging trying to find my size, but now I've got it home I'm not so sure. I really like the gold detail, which is what drew me to it in the first place, but I'm not sure about the shoulders. Thoughts, anyone? Again this will be a work top, so I guess it doesn't matter too much!


Rose Print Vest £4.00 The print on the vest is gorgeous and I thought it was such a bargain. I thought this would be an ideal item for transitioning from summer to autumn. If we get any more hot days this year, I could wear it on it's own, but I think it will look really nice layered with a nice cardigan too.


Grey Slouchy Cardigan £8.00 Speaking of cardigans, this one was reduced so I picked it up. There were so many colours available, I struggled to choose just one, and if I hadn't already got so much in my basket, I probably would've ended up with a few! I didn't want to go for that same old boring black, but at the same time I wanted to keep it quite neutral, so in the end went for this slate grey colour. I think this will look nice on casual days with a pair of jeans.


Grey Zip 2in1 Top £6.00 Another grey top! There's very much a neutrals theme running through this post. I hadn't realised everything I bought was neutral until I came to sit and write this post - I think I will make it my mission to add a bit of colour to my haul next month! This I thought would be ideal for autumn with a pair of dark jeans and a big white cardi if I got cold.


Knitted Skinny Jeans £15.00 These were the pair of jeans I had in mind for pairing with the grey top! With my size 14s all now too big for me (hurrah!) and only owning one size 12 pair, I needed to go and get some more. These are a little unusual as they have a knitted lining in them, but it does make them really soft and comfortable to wear. It does, however, also make them quite a bit more expensive than the jeans I usually buy from Primark!


Lace Hole Snood £5.00 You can tell it's almost autumn - it's snood season again, people! I really liked the colours of this - and it certainly goes with the rest of my neutral wardrobe so no worries there! The material is really soft and cosy, I can't wait to wrap up in this.


Stone & Black Trim Trench Coat £25.00 My eyes lit up when I saw this, and my husband couldn't understand why I was getting so excited about a coat, but I've wanted something like this for the longest time! I wanted to get one last year, but by the time I came to actually buying a coat, all of the best ones had gone, and I didn't want to settle for something I thought was "ok" just to say I had one! I really like the colour - I much prefer stone to camel, thought they are pretty similar - and the black detailing makes in stand out more. This type of coat really flatters my figure and the belt accentuates my waist to show off my curves, I can't tell you how much I love this coat - and it was only £25, what a bargain!

What is your favourite piece? What have you bought from Primark recently?


2 comments :

  1. I love the coat and the bag! You picked up some lovely things x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete