Sunday 9 August 2015

Slimming World Sunday - Easy Body Magic Routine

image from weheartit.com
Apologies for the extremely late blog post today. I've had a really busy week with very limited access to my computer, so I was unable to schedule this post in advance for it's usual time! But it's better late than never I guess! Now that my sister's wedding has come and gone (it was an amazing day, but I was feeling a little delicate yesterday as a result!) I'm now fully focused on getting to my target as soon as I can. Today marks the start of my SP days up until my next weigh in on Thursday, and I'm also increasing my workouts again. I haven't exercised properly in weeks so I feel like I'm starting a few steps back on the fitness levels I've previously reached, so I'm starting off with quite a simple routine to get myself going again.

As it is quite a simple routine, I will be sticking to it every day and perhaps building in a little extra once I've got my fitness back up again. It's quite a good routine to start out with if you are only just starting to incorporate exercise into your weight loss journey - it's definitely nothing like the torturous workout DVDs I've tried in the past, which aren't always great for beginners.

So to start off, I do the following moves in the morning:

10 jumping jacks
10 push ups
20 crunches
20 squats 

I'll repeats this circuit three times - sometimes more if I feel like I can push myself. Then, whatever time of day I can fit it in, I'll walk for at least 30 minutes. I might do it on my lunch break, when I walk down to the shop, or on the treadmill whilst watching EastEnders! I try to keep it at an even pace, just as long as I'm going fast enough to get my heart rate up.

So that's it for the moment, just until I can get back into the swing of things - I don't want to push myself so hard that I don't enjoy my workout and I end up giving up altogether. No doubt I'll be sharing more workouts with you as my fitness improves again.

What's your favourite form of exercise?


2 comments :

  1. Great routine! I'm starting to get into the swings again as well <3 p.s. I love your nikes!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but unfortunately not mine :) hope your journey back into fitness goes well xx

      Delete