Sunday 30 August 2015

Slimming World Sunday - August 2015 Update


August has been a really up and down month for me on Slimming World. I started the month all fired up and ready for a great month of weight loss, but my motivation started to dwindle a little towards the middle of the month and I started to lose my way a little. Luckily I've managed to get back on track and am now well on my way to my next award.


So week one started off really well. I'd always said I wanted to get my Club 10 award for my sisters wedding on 7th, so in between all of the wedding prep the day before, I snuck off to group to find that I had lost a brilliant 2.5lbs to take me well below my Club 10 target.

I was really pleased to have got 1.5lb below my Club 10, as I knew with the wedding coming up the next day there was every chance I was going to be facing a gain the following week. I had a plan though, as that plan was SP. I did take a sneaky look at my own scales (naughty, I know, we're not supposed to do that) and on Saturday evening I was looking at a 2.5lb gain - ouch! I followed SP for the rest of the week (which you can read more about here) and by the time Thursday weigh in came around I had turned that gain into a maintain! I was so relieved not only to have stayed below my Club 10, but to have not put on any weight at all - SP really does work!

Then everything started to go downhill a little bit. I'm not really sure what happened. I knew I had a few things going on that week (including a friend's birthday with some very indulgent chocolate cake) and my plan was always going to be to stick to Food Optimising as much as I could, and maybe even throw in a couple of SP days to pull things back. That plan I think lasted for all of five minutes, and I was making bad choices left right & centre! I don't know if it was down to the wedding being over - I didn't have anything pushing me to carry on anymore - or perhaps that work was a bit stressful than normal, making me crave bad things. Whatever it was, I was dreading the scales that week. I put on 1.5lbs and I'd say I got off quite lightly really!


I was so annoyed with myself, but stayed to group and committed to make a fresh start that week. I think the fact that I did stay and listen to everyone else's inspiring stories and recipe ideas really helped to give me the kick up the backside I needed. I stuck to plan 100% and even had a couple of SP days to try and boost my weight loss as much as possible. I really wanted to at least lose what I'd put on the previous week, but to step on the scales and see that I'd lost a whopping 3.5lbs was an amazing feeling! I haven't had a weight loss like that in a really long time and it was just the boost I needed after feeling so low the week before. I'd worked really hard and luckily it paid off.

My total weight loss is now up to 1st 5.5lbs - just 1.5lbs away from the next award which I'm hoping to get next week, though with a tricky bank holiday full of plans to negotiate, I may have to wait a little longer for that one! So far I've made some really good choices, so I'm still hoping for a loss, even if it is a small one. I don't think I've been that adventurous with food this month, just mainly stuck to the same dishes I always cook, then substituting for extra veggies when following SP, so I think my goal for September (as well as that 1.5 stone award!) is to experiment a little more and try new recipes. The new magazine coming out this week has been a real help to this and I've got a few ideas already - I'm going to try the Cowboy Pie tomorrow, it sounds delicious!

I hope you've all had a really good August.


2 comments :

  1. Congrats on your overall weight loss that really is so impressive! I hope you get to reach your next goal <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete