Friday 21 August 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky


So many people were excited about the launch of Urban Decay's latest Naked offering, whilst I spent rather a long time pondering whether it was something I actually wanted - perhaps to much pondering over just an eyeshadow palette! I decided I would have to go and swatch it before I could truly make up my mind, rather than making a rash online purchase. Of course as soon as I saw it in person I instantly fell in love and had to take one home with me!


I wasn't really sure what this palette would have to offer me that my Smoked palette didn't already have, but this palette is a lot more versatile than you'd first think. It's got those lighter shades for a more subtle daytime look, but plenty of beautiful deeper shades for a more intense evening smokey look.

The last four shades in the palette are all matte, if that's the look you're after, but if you wanted to add a hint of shimmer there's so many gorgeous options to choose from too, with Dirtysweet, Slanted and Smolder being firm favourites already. There's also a lovely champagne shade, High, which would make a really nice browbone or inner corner highlight.

l-r: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted, Dagger, Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust, Thirteen

The shadows are of course the usually smooth buttery texture that we have become accustomed to from Urban Decay, though Radar was a little disappointing in terms of pigmentation. The packaging is my favourite of the Naked palettes by far. It's really sleek and sturdy, and I love the smokey effect behind the silver writing - so pretty. Plus, the sound of the magnetic closure is so satisfying - anyone else get that?!

Despite not being completely sold on this palette when it was launched, I'm really liking the variety of shades and think I will come to use this more that I originally anticipated. Whilst it doesn't quite rank as highly as the original Naked in my eyes, it's definitely a lot more wearable than the Naked 3, which I have to say I haven't touched in a very long time.

What are your thoughts on the Naked Smoky palette?


6 comments :

  1. This looks so nice! There is a nice variety of colours! Lovely post!

    http://justalittlegloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I'm very happy with this palette xx

      Delete
  2. I really love my Naked Smoky Palette - although I find that some of the shades lack the pigment I'd want & also there is some falldown. But I loove the shade range!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find lack of pigment with one (Radar) but other than that really happy xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this, but like you commented I have the naked 3 and I've fallen a little out of love with it. Sometimes it's too pink toned and just doesn't look too flattering and I feel that if I used some of them for a smokey eye I run the risk of looking like I've been crying!xx

    www.dimpl3dbrunette.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't use my Naked 3 anymore, but this palette has more of a variety of colours so I can see myself using it a lot more xx

      Delete