Monday 21 September 2015

Neutral Nails


Now that summer has well and truly gone, my pastel and bright nail polishes have been tucked away for next year. Whilst I'm not quite ready to embrace the full on dark vampy shades that I usually wear throughout winter, I have really been loving my neutral nail colours recently. Here are some of my favourites from my collection.


Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Olive Just for a change, the majority of my favourites are from the Barry M Gelly range. What can I say, I love this formula of nail polish. Olive is a really beautiful colour, and something that I pick when I'm looking for a bit more colour than your bog standard nude polish. As the name would suggest, It's an olive/khaki green, lovely for the autumn months.

Rimmel 60 Seconds in Caramel Cupcake This is a polish that I tend to wear quite a lot in the spring too, as it kind of fits in with the pastel theme. It's a really soft brown shade, a really true neutral shade. This nail polish does dry really quickly, but I do find that it needs an extra coat on the others to become opaque.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Lychee This one is a bit of a tricky colour to describe. I guess it's sort of a beige, light camel kind of colour. This colour is gorgeous, and again one that I tend to wear all year round when I'm reaching for a nude nail polish. It looks really nice with a gold glitter polish on top during the festive season too.

Essie Nail Polish in Chinchilly Chinchilly is one of my all time favourite Essie nail polishes, it's absolutely stunning. It's a dark brown/grey shade, though I think it's definitely picking up as more grey toned in the picture below than it is in real life. This is probably my most worn polish during autumn and winter, it's gorgeous. It actually looks really nice next to Lychee too, I think.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Chai This polish is actually coming up a lot darker in the picture than it is in real life. It's more of a medium toned grey, which I think has slight blue tones to it. As it's one of the darker shades of the bunch, it's one I'd wear going into winter too. The formula of this polish is really good too, and you could get away with wearing just one coat, though I applied two just to be safe (and I was doing all of the otheres twice anyway!).

l-r: Olive, Caramel Cupcake, Lychee, Chinchilly, Chai
What's your favourite neutral nail polish?


4 comments :

  1. Essie Chinchilly is a lovely shade, they always seem to be really unique colours, that's what I love so much about Essie.
    Lychee is one of my favourite nudes, I'd actually forgotten about it so I'll be digging that out again soon!

    Jenn
     Photo-Jenn-ic 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie polsihes are great, so many to choose from. I've also got my eye on Cosy In Cashmere which is a really nice neutral shade too xx

      Delete
  2. I have that rimmel one in Carmel ccupcake! I actually brought it for my prom, it looked lovely!

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete