Sunday 20 September 2015

Slimming World Sunday - Coming Back From A Gain

image from weheartit.com
I remember the first ever time I gained weight whilst following Slimming World. It was only half a pound, but I was absolutely devastated! Looking back know, I know it was silly to get so upset about it, but it's not always easy to brush it off and move on. Here are my top tips for getting back on track following a gain.


Look back through the plan
It's essentially like giving yourself that new member talk all over again. We all have our Food Optimising books, but how often do we actually sit down and read them?! Give yourself a refresher on the plan - you never know, you may pick up on something you've done which wasn't quite on plan and could have led to your gain, such as not enough speed food, or incorrectly measuring healthy extras. My consultant recently did a new member talk to everyone in group, and the weight losses the following week were amazing, so it really works!

Plan for the week ahead
I always find that planning is the key to Slimming World success. Make a list of the meals you're going to eat and the food you'll need to buy for those meal, plus some healthy snacks. Having you're week laid out for you makes you less likely to go off track and buy things that are going to take you off plan.

Try some new recipes
When we start to have the same old meals week in week out, it can start to get a little boring, and it's so easy then to just grab something unhealthy that we haven't had in a while, just so that we've had something different. There's plenty of affordable recipe books available in group or online, and there's a stack of delicious recipes available to print out on the Slimming World website, so there's so many options when it comes to trying something new.

Keep a food diary
If I've been struggling to get a good weight loss for a while, I find this really helps to get things back on track. When you write your food down, it makes you think about what you're putting in your mouth more. It's so easy to lose count of your syns as you're eating them throughout the day, so having them there in black & white makes it easy to keep tabs on them. If you're still unsure as to where your gains are coming from after writing a food diary, your consultant will be able to take a look at what you've been eating and see if they can spot something you may have missed.

Look back at your journey
The first time I followed the Slimming World plan, I forgot to take a photo of myself when I first joined. I really kicked myself for this as my journey progressed, as it would have been great to look back and see how far I'd come. This time I made sure I got my before picture, so I can look back at this whenever I'm feeling bad about my weight loss journey. Seeing how much of a big difference you've made really puts that tiny gain into perspective. If you don't have any before pictures, looking back at your awards & weight loss record can be really motivating too. I have my certificates stuck to my wardrobe so I can see how much I've achieved every day.

The most important thing is to remember that what's done is done, and that gain is now in the past. You can't go back and undo the gain, but what you can do is work hard to make sure that the following week is a huge success.

How do you motivate yourself following a gain?



No comments :

Post a Comment