Wednesday 15 July 2015

Drugstore Beauty Haul


Whilst I did enjoy splashing the cash on a few higher end products during my birthday shopping trip last week, my heart will always belong to the drugstore, and a little trip to Boots was very much in order. I'd had my eye on a few products for a while now, so had the perfect opportunity to pick them up, plus a few sneaky extras!




I can't for the life of me remember who it was now, but someone was raving about the OGX Coconut Water range on YouTube a while ago and I've been dying to give the products a go since. My hair has been feeling really dry and lacking a bit of like recently, so I'm hoping this will add a bit more shine and get my hair feeling soft & smooth again. I only intended on getting the shampoo and condition but there's was a 3 for /2 offer on haircare at the time, so why not get the hydration oil too?! It's a little pricier than my usual hair products, but these bottles are pretty hefty so I can see them lasting a really long time. Look out for a full review once I've given them a proper testing.


When I first saw the Essie 2015 Summer collection, I was instantly drawn to one colour - Chillato. This yellowish lime green is unlike anything else I have in my nail polish collection and thought it would look so great on my nails this summer, especially if the British weather would ever allow me to get a bit of a tan! Of course, I got suckered in by other offer. This time it was a free summer minis set if you bought two Essie polishes. Since I was already buying one, I thought I may as well pick up another and opted for Play Date. I'm loving purples at the moment and this is quite similar to one I've been eyeing up from Barry M.


I was soon to run out of one of my favourite drugstore makeup products, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, so I thought I'd better pick one up. I find it so difficult to get hold of the fair shade - it's forever out of stock in my local Boots - and with just one left in the store, I grabbed it while I could.
I'm a big fan of makeup products in stick form. They're just so quick and convenient to use, and don't take up too much room in your makeup bag. I really liked the No7 blush stick that I tried earlier this year, and whilst I was looking for my concealer, I spotted a cheaper alternative by Collection called Speedy Blush. I picked up the shade Tickled Pink which I absolutely adore. It's a soft rose colour, which gives a really natural look for pale skintones in particular.
Finally I picked up another blogger inspired purchase. The lovely Heather at porcelainbeautyx.com had recently raved about the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum and how it had done wonders for her dry but often problematic skin, so I put it straight the the top of my skincare "to try" list. My skin is always really dry, but I still suffer with the odd hormonal breakout, so I'm hoping based on various reviews I've read that this will really help my skin out. Again, I think I'll do a full review of this once I've been using it for a while. Vichy is a brand that I've never been disappointed with, and I'd love to try more of their products so if you have any recommendations please let me know.

Have you tried any of the products in my haul? What have you been buying from the drugstore recently?


8 comments :

  1. Great post! You have picked up some lovely products! Those Essie nail polish colours are so pretty :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the OGX shampoo and conditioner. Great picks.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Vichy serum is great! What a lovely free gift with the a Essie shades!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, glad you like it I've heard lots of good things about it x

      Delete
  4. the nail polishes look great but the blush looks amazing!


    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty colour, and so cheap! x

      Delete