Sunday 12 July 2015

Slimming World Sunday - Four Ways With Oats


Having porridge oats for breakfast is one of my favourite ways to use my healthy extra B on the Slimming World plan. They are really easy to make up when you're in a rush in the mornings, plus they are really filling, so they can quite often last me right through until lunchtime. Sometimes though, just plain oats with a bit of fruit on top can be a bit boring so I like to mix things up from time to time and do something different with them. Here are my four favourite ways to eat my 35g allowance.



Overnight Oats
These are the perfect option for when you know you're going to be in a hurry the next morning. Simply mix your oats allowance with a few spoonfuls of fat free natural yoghurt and as many berries as you want, and leave in the fridge overnight for the oats to soak into the yoghurt. In the morning give it another good mix, serve a few extra berries on top and enjoy!


Oat cookies
These are quite a new discovery of mine following a discussion at my Slimming World group. Mix your oats with one large beaten egg (or two smaller ones), 4 tbsp sweetner and 1tsp vanilla essence (or whatever flavouring you like). Leave the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes, then divide into small cookie shapes on a lined baking tray, and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes on 190 degrees. They are a little bit like hobnobs, just not as crunchy! You could add a little more flavour to the biscuits by adding Choc Shot or some raspberries, as long as you don't mind spending a few syns (cooked fruit is synned at Slimming World).


Chocolate Porridge
Again, if you don't mind spending a few syns on your breakfast, this is a great way to liven up your standard porridge and fruit. Cook your porridge using boiled water rather than milk, and add a sachet (or 3 tsp) of Options hot chocolate before heating it up for a really delicious brekkie for just 2 syns.


Oat Pancakes
I did a full blog post a while ago about these, which you can read here. The basics of the recipe are that you mix your oats with whatever flavour of Mullerlight yoghurt thy you wish and leave the oats to soak for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight. Then mix in two beaten eggs and pour the mixture onto a frying pan, a small amount at a time, to create around 10 mini pancakes. I find this to be the most filling of all the oat recipes I've tried.

What's your favourite way to eat porridge oats?


3 comments :

  1. Overnight oats are my favourite, I am yet to try the pancakes as I don't want to be disappointed but they do look lovely :)

    www.pamsstuffandthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do taste lovely, especially with a strawberry mullerlight x

      Delete
  2. Great ideas!
    I have to try the porridge! You think I can try normal cocoa instead?


    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete