Monday 6 July 2015

OOTD - A Day At The Carnival


Saturday was carnival day in my hometown of Kenilworth, and it's tradition in our family for us all to walk down and watch the procession (which I have to admit seems to be getting smaller with each passing year!) and then go for a wander around the fair afterwards. Despite the stormy weather the night before, it was a beautiful sunny day, so summer appropriate attire was very much needed, and today I thought I'd share with you what I wore.


I didn't realise this until I came to write the post, but everything I wore was actually from Primark! A bit of a pain as it means I can't link up anything for you, but at least you know it's all affordable! All are relatively recent purchases, so I'm sure it's all still available in store. I can't quite remember the exact prices of all times. I know the cardi was £12 and the bag £10, and I would guess at the grey top being £3, the shorts £10 and the sandals £6 - all in all a really affordable outfit which would be really nice to wear to a festival this summer.


My favourite piece from the outfit was this gorgeous tan backpack, which my husband kindly bought me as an early birthday present (it's my birthday today!). I'd seen it on Instagram last week and totally fell in love, and luckily he was able to grab the last one in our local store. It's really roomy and has a zipped pocket inside to store any valuables in.

I hope you all have a fab week - I'm off into Birmingham to spend some birthday money now!!


No comments :

Post a Comment