Monday 13 July 2015

Latest In Beauty Get The Gloss Summer It Kit


I absolutely love Latest In Beauty - I think it's the best subscription box service out there at the moment. It's really flexible, as you can choose which boxes to have and when to receive them, instead of being tied into a monthly service where you're not really sure what you're going to get. There's also the choice of whether to build your own box based on the samples they have available, or buy one of their special collection boxes. Whilst I don't really look into building my own box, I do have a little nosey at the collection boxes when the emails pop into my inbox. When the Get The Gloss Summer It Kit came up at the start of the month, I was really excited by the contents and thought it would be the perfect birthday treat to myself.




Salon Science AquaCacteen Hydrasoothe Cooling Spray
This spray is designed to soothe dry scalps and nourish hair. I've been suffering from a really dry scalp for a while now, so this has come at a great time for me to try. The bottle is a really good size - I'm thinking it must be a full sized product. The only gripe I have with Latest In Beauty is that, on the information card, they don't state how much the full sized products are, so I can't see what kind of value for money I'm getting or decide whether this is something I'm likely to repurchase without looking everything up individually.

Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Refine & Polish Miracle Balm
This product can be used either as an exfoliator or a five minute mask, and I think I'll be trying it as the latter as I love a good face mask. Apparently it's good for sensitive skin, which is great for me too. Having opened the cap, it smells lovely so I can't wait to try this out and see if it really does brighten my skin up.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR
This is one of those products that I've always been curious about trying but was never going to buy a full size straight away, so I was really pleased to see this in the box. It's a dry oil that can be used all over the face and body to create a more radiant look to the skin - perfect for summer. It's quite a small sample, but I can see it being one of those products where a little goes a long way.

Philip Kingsley Swimcap
This hair cream protects your locks from chlorinated and salty water, perfect for those hitting the beach or the pool this summer. Whilst this unfortunately won't be me, it does also have extra sunscreen in, so I'll be using this for any hot, sunny days we have in the UK.

Bourjois Aqua Blush
This is another product I've looked at when I've popped into Boots since it's release, but never picked up, though I am curious to try it. There were three shades available, and the one I received was Pink Twice which, having looked at swatches, doesn't appear to be as vibrant as the packaging would suggest, which I'm happy about. It looks like quite a soft, natural pink which is what I often go for in a blush anyway. I may well put a review of this up once I've tried it as it looks like a really interesting product.

Anne Semonin Eye Express Radiance Eye Cube
This really does look intriguing. I love eye products aimed at targeting dark circles, as I've often got quite bad ones, but they always seem to be so expensive for what they are, so receiving one in a beauty box is always a real treat for me. I can't wait for a pamper night to give this a go, but I think it's safe to say I won't be buying more - I've just looked on Beauty Bay and a pack of 4 is £43!!

Elemental Herbology Cell Plumping Facial Hydrator SPF8
What beauty box would be complete without a sample moisturiser?! They do seem to crop up quite a lot, but it just means having to buy them less often I guess! I don't think I've ever tried anything from Elemental Herbology before, though I could be wrong, so this will be interesting to try.

Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish
Yet another product I've looked at on the shelves but never picked up are these gel effect polishes. I'm a big fan of gel polishes, but always tend to gravitate towards Barry M, as they're so much cheaper and I know they are great. I've always wanted to try the Nails Inc ones though - I'm ummed and ahhed over the Alexa Chung Christmas gift set for ages before deciding not to buy it - so this was another real selling point for me with this beauty box. Both of the shades available looked  gorgeous (the other was a fuchsia pink) but I'm really pleased I received Regents Place, a gorgeous almost periwinkle blue - my favourite! I'll be popping this on my nails first chance I get!

Overall I think this is a really great box. It's got some great brands inside, plus some interesting ones which I am yet to try anything from. Although I haven't looked everything up yet, Latest In Beauty say the contents of the box is worth over £85, which for just £19 plus P&P, I think is really good value for money. I'm pretty sure just the Nails Inc polish and Bourjois blush would pay for the box by themselves. The box is still available here if you wanted to get your hands on it.

Which is your favourite item from this box?


No comments :

Post a Comment