Wednesday 22 July 2015

My Favourite Ways To Relax


One thing I was always told in my CBT sessions was that I need to take time out for myself to do something I enjoy. When I was having a really stressful time, I would often sit there and let my worries get on top of me rather than trying to do something to help me relax. Now I know just how important it is just to have a little time to yourself, I've found quite a few things that I actually enjoy doing during this time. Here are my favourite ways to relax.


Reading Whether it's curling up with a book or making my way through my Bloglovin feed, I've found reading is a great way to banish my worries. I'm so engrossed in whatever is in front of me that there's no room in my mind for these stressful thoughts. I've been reading a lot about health and fitness lately, so this has kept me really occupied. I find reading is a great way to aid sleep to, as it tires my brain!

Painting my nails This is another one that requires a lot of concentration, so occupies the mind from any worries. It brightens my mood too, as I love having a bit of colour on my nails. I just wish I was a little more experimental with my nail art!

YouTube binge When I'm feeling in a bit of a lazy mood, I love nothing more than snuggling up under the duvet and watching a marathon of YouTube videos. I don't get a lot of time to sit and watch all of the videos that pop up in my feed, so I'll often scroll through and save a load to my Watch Later list, and save them for these occasions.

Face mask & music I love music. I've got a bit of a mixed taste, but now I'm really loving songs from the 90s & early noughties - I real throwback to my teens! Putting on a face mask and having a bit of a pamper is a great way to relax, but depending on the type of mask you're using, it's not always easy to get other stuff done whilst wearing it, so lying back and listening to a bit of music is the best accompaniment.

Making lists This may seem like a bit of a strange one, but I love to be organised, so this actually does relax me a lot! Whether it be ideas for blog posts, or things to buy on my next shopping trip, I've got lists all over my phone and notebooks!

What's your favourite way to relax?

6 comments :

  1. I love reading, Its become my one of my new favorite things to do. Sometimes the world inside the book is so much better than that of real life. Lovely post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lists too, lol. The more lists I write, the more stationery I need haha.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing so many of these, curling up and reading a book is my favourite thing to do and I can spend hours watching Youtube videos!

    Emma emhasrednails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I can get lost in YouTube for hours, especially if I've let me Watch Later list build up for a while! xx

      Delete