Monday 27 July 2015

Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro Palette


Makeup Revolution are the kings of high end dupes. Their Naked palette dupes have been huge successes, and when I saw that they'd released a dupe for the gorgeous Lorac Pro palette I had to get my hands on it. I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I finally bought it earlier this month. The Lorac palette is not the easiest of things to get hold of here in the UK, so having a cheaper alternative available is great, as the original always looks stunning whenever I see it in blog posts or on YouTube.




Not having the Lorac Pro Palette does make it difficult to compare, but others seem convinced and, having seen swatches online, I'd say this is a pretty good dupe. As with the Lorac palette, the Iconic Pro is made up of eight matte shades across the top, and eight shimmer shades along the bottom, and the colours are pretty much identical.

 I'm so pleased that Makeup Revolution have ditched their clear plastic packaging and opted for a matte black with a mirror in the lid with their newer eyeshadow palettes. It makes the palette much more travel friendly. It also comes with a double ended brush rather than those awful sponge applicators. One end of the brush is flat for all over lid application, and the other end is more fluffy and tapered for creased definition.

Top row l-r: Ghost, Luna, Must, Enigma, Fade, Drama, Afflicted, Pitch
Bottom row l-r: Need, Dawn, Getter, Breathe, Too Grey, Stage, Addicted, Player
Another change I spotted from my last Makeup Revolution eyeshadow purchase is that they now name their eyeshadows! I don't know why, but I just prefer it when my eyeshadows have names, and it definitely makes it much easier when talking about them in blog posts!

This palette isn't just your everyday neutrals, there's also a bit of colour added in, which makes it great for transitioning from a day to night look. The shimmery copper/burgundy shade, Stage, is absolutely gorgeous for a deeper look, and Pitch & Player are both ideal for creating a smokey eye, whilst mixing Dawn with Fade in the crease makes a really nice subtle daytime look. With the deeper shades available in this palette, I can see me using this a lot as we get closer to Autumn.


I'd read in a few blog posts that Makeup Revolution have changed the formulation of their eyeshadows, and this is very apparent when using the matte shades especially. In my review of the Romantic Smoked palette I mentioned that some of the matte shadows felt a little chalky in texture. Now all of the shadows are really nice and buttery smooth, which makes blending them out easier. Most of the shadows have a really strong pigmentation, though a couple of the mattes, Luna & Drama, do that a couple of sweeps of colour to get as strong as I'd like.

Overall, I think this palette is fantastic quality for it's mere £6.99 price tag, and anyone in the UK who is lusting over the Lorac Pro Palette, but is hesitant about paying out for the shipping costs, on top of the already expensive product, should definitely check this out as an alternative.

Have you tried the Iconic Pro palette? What's your most used eyeshadow palette at the moment?


4 comments :

  1. These colours are so pretty and very wearable. I really want to try out one of their 32 piece eye shadow sets, something tells me, I wouldn't ever need to buy another eye shadow again x Lovely post

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look really good, I'm quite tempted by the Beyond Flawless one xx

      Delete
  2. The colour stage is to dye for ahh *__* xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty isn't it? It's quite similar to the shade in the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette but this one has more of a shimmer to it xx

      Delete