Monday 20 July 2015

The Body Shop Virgin Mojito Range


When The Body Shop release a new scent to their bodycare collection, I'm usually all over it like a rash. The release of the Virgin Mojito range was another one to grab my attention and I couldn't wait for my birthday shopping trip to get my hands on some of the products.


The scent is perfect for summer. Really zesty and refreshing with that hint of mint, it reminds me of sitting by the pool sipping cocktails. The range comes with five products in total - a body splash (£16), body scrub (£15), body butter (£13) and the two products that I picked up, the shower gel (£4) and body sorbet (£8).

Whilst the body splash did smell incredible in the store, I would've preferred to have something to spritz on my body rather than basically chucking the bottle over me! If you're fine with potentially getting a little messy, then definitely check this out too. The body scrub, when I was intending on purchasing too, felt a little sticky when I tried it in store, and there didn't seem to be many scrubby particles within the tub, so I wasn't sure how exfoliating it would actually be and decided to give it a miss.

The shower gel, however, is amazing. It's great for morning showers, as the scent is really invigorating and uplifting, it does a great job of waking me up on those mornings when I've really struggled to get out of bed! As with all The Body Shop shower gels, it's really gentle and nourishing on the skin, and lathes up nicely. I'd definitely buy one of the giant bottles of these if they were ever to stock it!

I was torn between the body butter and sorbet as to which to buy, as both were really nice products, In the end I opted for the sorbet, as I tend to use these more in the summer anyway, and this is most definitely a more summer appropriate scent. It's so cool and refreshing, and the scent really does make you want to lick it all up - but I have resisted! You are left with a light lingering scent for a few hours, which makes you feel like you're on a tropical island, whilst your skin feels cooled and hydrated.

Have you tried anything from the Virgin Mojito range? What's your favourite The Body Shop scent?


4 comments :

  1. I adore this range at the moment and have just repurchased the shower gel and I also have a bit tub of the body butter. I think it is perfect for the summer :)

    Pams Stuff and Things | Tarte Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great one for summer isn't it?! I might still purchase the body butter too x

      Delete
  2. Oo this sounds amazing! My favourite scent is their Japanese Cherry Blossom collection.

    Roxie ♥
    thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that one, I'll give it a smell when I next go in x

      Delete