Thursday 12 May 2016

Bourjois Rouge Edition Souffle De Velvet Lipsticks


The original Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks are some of my favourite liquid lipsticks I own (and there's a fair few!). Whilst I never tried the Aqua Laque version, as I didn't think they'd be the type of product for me, the Souffle de Velvets looked right up my street, so during a recent Boots promotional offer I decided to pick a couple up and give them a go.

Some people have questioned the need for these - why would you want a sheer looking matte lipstick? Though I personally love a matte finish on my lips but don't necessarily want the bold look that often goes with it. The shade range is not the greatest at the moment, I found them all to be quite samey, but I picked up VIPeach and Plum Plum Pidou.

l-r: VIPeach & Plum Plum Pidou
 I have to say I'm not a fan of these products though, and that mainly comes down to application. It applies really unevenly, and when you go to touch it up, instead of adding another layer on top, it just moves the product around even more. You really have to work to get a nice even finish with these, so they're definitely not one to choose when you're getting ready in a hurry. I have lost patience with them myself on more than one occasion!

Top: VIPeach, Bottom: Plum Plum Pidou
The effect you get once you do get an even application is lovely though, especially with VIPeach, it's like a soft stain on the lips. It's not a long lasting effect though, as I've found these fade really quickly, and for me it's just not worth the effort of having to go through that awful application again when it comes to touching up - which you will need to do if any food or drink passes your lips.

It's such a shame that I don't get on with these products, as I think the shades I've picked are lovely. But the application was too much of a hassle for me, and with a matte lipstick, sheer or not, I would expect something to have a bit more staying power.


No comments :

Post a Comment