Friday 19 December 2014

Dr Jart+ V7 Relief Vita Drop


Dr Jart+ is a brand I've heard a lot about but not really tested out that much. I bought one of their BB creams last year and absolutely loved it - it become my go-to base last summer, but as far as their products go, that was it, so I was really happy to receive the V7 Relief Vita Drop in my November Birchbox and began testing it the same day.




When I received it in my Birchbox, this moisturiser was described as a "vitamin packed lotion which brightens and moisturises whilst restoring elasticity through it's blend of antioxidants".

The first thing that struck me was how thin in consistency the lotion is - it's very water-like, so it applies evenly and sinks into the skin very quickly. It's also got a nice cooling sensation to it upon application, which I really liked, After applying my skin did feel very smooth and, after a few days use, I did notice it looking brighter.

However, having such a dry skin type, I need a moisturiser that's really going to hydrate my skin, which I feel this did not do. Birchbox's claim that this is "hydration in a tube" was certainly not true in my case. Whilst it may be enough hydration for someone with normal skin, anyone with dry to very dry skin, like me, is not going to get enough moisture to benefit from using this product.

I'm sad to say I won't be repurchasing this moisturiser. Whilst it did achieve good results in terms of brightening and soothing my skin, it just didn't pack in enough hydration for my skins needs, which leads me to believe this moisturiser may be better suited to normal skin types. A full size retails for £26 but after doing a little hunting around online, it doesn't appear to be the easiest of products to get hold of.

What's your favourite moisturiser?


No comments :

Post a Comment