Wednesday 24 December 2014

How I Spend Christmas Eve


How exciting, it's Christmas tomorrow! How did we get here already?! I hope you all have a wonderful day, whatever you are doing. To end Blogmas I thought I'd share with you what I've been up to this Christmas Eve and what I'll be doing this evening before the big day arrives.





I was up quite early this morning, which wasn't part of the plan, but I woke up when my husband went off to work and couldn't get back to sleep. I took this as my opportunity to have a little browse around the online sales. I may have made a few purchases already but the one sale I'm holding out for hasn't started yet - I'm hoping to do some serious damage there! Look our for a sales haul post in the New Year.

Then came the boring jobs, mainly tidying up the house. We had so many empty boxes lying around from present deliveries, so those have now gone to the recycling so I feel like we have space to move around again!


After a quick lunch, I got down to the fun part - wrapping presents! Most of our presents were wrapped already but, as my husband works on Christmas Eve, I like to take the opportunity to wrap his presents then, as it gets me feeling so festive. I like to wrap presents whilst burning my favourite festive candle, Christmas Memories, and watching something Christmassy on TV.

If you read my Christmas Tag post, you'll know that my husband and I usually sit down to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol with a takeaway. We're breaking with tradition slightly this year and are heading off to my sister's house for the evening to watch the film with a dinner that she is cooking for us (I say cooking, she'll be popping some party food in the oven!), which we will probably be doing as this post goes live!

Once we get back home, I'll begin my Pre Christmas Pamper Routine and try to get an early night - it's a really early start for us on Christmas morning, as we have a few places to visit before heading to my Gran's for Christmas dinner.

How have you spent Christmas Eve?


2 comments :