Wednesday 10 December 2014

What's On My Bedside Table


I really enjoy reading people's "What's on my bedside table" posts. I like having a good old nosey at parts of peoples homes  (which is why I love makeup storage posts too!), and quite often some of your most reached for products are kept beside your bed, so I like to see what others recommend as part of a night time routine.



First off I'll share the non beauty items, and I'll start with my phone. I know it's not the best thing to have technology right by you when you sleep, but this is basically my alarm clock so I need to keep it close by at night. I've been trying to get into reading more this year (I have to admit I'm not doing so well, but I'm making an effort!). I'm hoping to get into the festive spirit at the moment and am currently reading With Love At Christmas by Carole Matthews. I'm not too far into the book, but so far so good. I love a good festive read in December. I also have a brand spanking new, un-burnt candle which I recently ordered from Avon, called Woodland Magic. The scent of this is quite subtle, so good for burning next to my bed - I don't like to burn anything too overpowering just before bedtime. I also love the gorgeous festive design on the jar.


Now onto the products I use as part of my night time routine. I occasionally struggle to get off to sleep so, although I don't use them every night, I like to keep the Avon Sleeptherapy Pillow Spray & This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less Rollerball out by my bed, in case I've had a few rough nights and could do with some help getting some extra Z's. As a sufferer of dry lips all year round, I like to keep a pot of my Nuxe Reve de Miel by my bed, so I can pop it on before I go to sleep every night and, if I'm especially suffering, in the mornings before I get up too. I'm a huge fan of Soap & Glory products, and their Hand Food hand cream has to be one of my favourites. It's really moisturising without feeling at all greasy, and the scent is gorgeous. Again, I like to apply this every night before going to sleep - I also have a travel size which I take around with me in my handbag.

What do you keep on your bedside table?


10 comments :

  1. I love posts like this too :) Woodland Magic sounds lovely!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've burnt it now and have to say it's lovely xx

      Delete
  2. I secretly love reading these too!! You've got some great picks here.

    Chloe // chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do with some sleep therapy spray! I can nap no problem in the afternoon but as soon as its night I can't witch off! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh I had this problem a few months ago! The deep sleep roll on is really good for that xx

      Delete
  4. I think it's our nosy side as bloggers that means we love seeing posts like this! I have hand food too and I really like how nourishing it is without being greasy, I hate thick hand creams!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, you can't do anything afterwards as your hands are too slippy! This one sinks in nicely xx

      Delete
  5. I have that lip product too, it was perfect for summer, but it struggles a little in winter. Just clicked on the link, has the voting finished now?

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sorry I should have said the voting closed on 11th, thanks for trying though :) xx

      Delete