Wednesday 3 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: Non Beauty Gifts


I had great fun finding ideas for my second gift guide. I think beauty gift sets are so easy to trawl through and pick out a few good ones, but finding a bunch of alternative ideas was slightly more challenging. Hopefully I've found a good mix for you, and they'll be something to inspire your own shopping.


1. Next Jewellery Box £35.00

This item came to light when I was hunting for a jewellery storage solution of my own. The design of this box is so pretty, it would look great sat on someones dressing table. There's plenty of storage space too, so the biggest of jewellery junkies should have plenty of space for their favourite pieces.

2. Pandora Delicate Bow Ring £40.00
How cute is this dainty little ring?! I'd really love to see this under my tree this year! Pandora is one of my favourite places to shop for jewellery, and they gift wrap everything so beautifully. They also have an identical ring available in gold, but this costs a whopping £365 and, personally I think the silver looks nicer anyway!

3. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera £69.99
I remember when I was younger, Polariod cameras were the thing to have - I was so desperate to get hold of one myself. This is basically a very similar product that, even though I am many years older now, I would still love to get. It's a great fun present to get for someone who loves taking snaps.

4. Topshop Teddy Robe £32.00
This is super cute and looks so comfy. I saw Tanya Burr had bought the white one of these and I thought "this would make a lovely Christmas present!" Personally, my pick of the colours would be the nude/mink shade. There's also a mint robe available which, although I do love that colour, I don't think it looked right as a teddy robe!

5. New Look Black Across Body Bag £17.99 
A new handbag is always a great gift to get someone for Christmas. I think this one from New Look is lovely, a really nice design and ideal size - perfect to fit enough in but not too bulky. And, of course, black goes with everything so you can't go wrong!

6. KitSound Knitted Audio Earmuffs £24.00
Headphones are getting so expensive these days. I did consider putting a pair of Beats in my gift guide, but I think they are out of a lot of peoples budgets - I know they're out of mine! I think these are a really cute alternative - headphones and a fashion accessory in one!

7. Oasis Woven Check Scarf £20.00
This is gorgeous! Again, hats and scarves I think make a nice Christmas gift. They're bound to get a lot of use afterwards, as the start of the year tends to be freezing cold. I think going for more neutral colours like this scarf is more of a safe bet for a gift rather than bolder colour which the recipient potentially may not like.

8. The Range Heart Shaped Photo Frame £20.00
Home decor gifts can be a bit tricky unless you know the tastes of the person you're buying for and have an idea of what would fit in their home. This heart frame would look good with most decor. The Range have great variety of affordable pieces, so if this particular frame does not suit, there's bound to be something on their site that does.

9. New Look Grey Bow Slipper Boots £12.99
As with the scarf, slippers are bound to get a lot of use post-Christmas. I always wear mine to death in the winter and wear them out, so I'm on the lookout for a new pair every year! I love slippers boots especially, as they make my feet extra cosy and warm, and the bow detailing on this pair is really cute.

10. Whittard Luxury Hot Chocolate Hamper £18.00
Hot chocolate is the drink of winter really isn't it?! If you know someone who loves nothing more than to snuggle up under a blanket and indulge in a mug of chocolatey goodness, then this is the ideal gift for them. It's making me crave one just looking at it!

What gifts have you been lusting after this year?


8 comments :

  1. I love the look of the instax camera, nearly got it for my birthday. I also love the pandora ring! soo pretty xx

    http://ktbeauty96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost put the camera on my wishlist too xx

      Delete
  2. That jewellery box looks gorgeous, I'm a sucker for homeware things! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty, I love stuff from Next Home xx

      Delete
  3. I have that camera on my wishlist too! I was going to get it for my birthday, but it wasn't in stock :( Fingers crossed for christmas!

    That teddy robe looks so soft, like you could melt into it after a long relaxing bath!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww fingers crossed you can get it this time xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh so many nice things, especially the camera & hot chocolate hamper! Who could ever be disappointed with chocolate?! :D
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you've gotta have a bit of chocolate at Xmas! xx

      Delete