Tuesday 9 December 2014

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner


The blogosphere went wild about this liner when it was first released earlier on in the year. It appeared to be a bit of a revolution in the way we apply gel liner. Having always had issues with gel and liquid liner application, I was quite intrigued to see if this would actually improve it in any way. However, I had also bought into the hype of Benefit's They're Real Mascara in the past and been hugely disappointed, so I was a little reluctant to give this a go straight away, especially as it's priced at £18.50 - yikes! When I saw that last months issue of Elle magazine came with a free mini version of the liner, I thought it was about time I gave it a go - at least if I didn't like I'd only wasted £4 instead of almost five times that!




The way the products works is that the AccuFlex Tip hugs your lashline to achieve the closest line possible. To use the product you squeeze the base of the tip (with the full size liner, you twist the base of the pen) to release the gel product onto the tip, wipe off any excess with a tissue, rest the tip on the base of your lashes in the inner corner, and slowly guide across to your outer corner.

I was pretty impressed with just how close to the lash line this product does manage to get and the AccuFlex Tip is quite soft, so it doesn't drag along the lid as some products can do. However, I did find that, as with any other liner I've used, it did take some practice to get a good line with it and, despite Benefit claiming the liner to be smudge-proof, I did have a few issues with smudging.

My biggest problem with this product is the amount of wastage. Every time you use this product, you have to wipe away the excess from the tip. If I was to pay the best part of £20 for a full size of this product, I wouldn't want to be wiping it off all the time, I'd want to be using it up!

This may be a good product for a newbie who really struggles to get a line close enough to their lashes, but for me this didn't do anything that a good old gel liner from a pot and a brush wouldn't do, so it's not worth the high price tag for me.

Have you tried this product? What did you think?


10 comments :

  1. Hi Kirsty, I kept saying to myself to buy this issue and I never did! Damn it!! I haven't tried it but I did hear all the rave reviews on it - oh well I can always buy the full one and try it out.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could, I'm not sure it's worth it though! xx

      Delete
  2. Sad to hear it's not worth the price tag for you! I wish I had picked up the mini:

    Chloe // chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I picked it up, now I know not to go for the full size! xx

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you, I was disappointed with this liner. I find my gel liner pot and brush to be so much easier to apply, but I've had years of practice by now! Maybelline do have a cheaper dupe though, which is practically the same for a fraction of the price!

    www.alicegracebeauty.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Maybelline one but I'm not sure I'll pick it up after the disappointment of this. I'm happy sticking to my gel pot from now on xx

      Delete
  4. I have mixed opinions on this liner.. sometimes i love it, sometimes i hate it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why some people might like it, especially if they haven't had much practice with liner before xx

      Delete
  5. Hmm I have to say, I have only heard negatives about this eyeliner but would still like to try it out for myself..it's just the price!

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so expensive! I'm glad a picked up this magazine to give it a test at a fraction of the price xx

      Delete